The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 omg!!!!!! :D

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 20/04/2010 : 21:34:52
aaarrrr!

JAKE HAS JUST EATEN FOR THE 1ST TIME SINCE JANUARY!!

i dont believe it, she striked and everything!!!
sorry, i am just so happy!!

get a pinky out to defrost when i got in frm work... waited.... warmed it up, cut its belly open, took the hide and water bowl out (coz she was under the kitchen paper) dangled the pinky in.... her head popped out, had a sniff ( she always looks interested any way so didnt get ma hopes up) i wiggled it about a bit.... STRIKE!!!!
WOOOOOPPPP!!!
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 21/04/2010 : 22:04:01
ok thanks for the advice danny, i will try that!

when she was eating i was only handling her once a week and that was just to clean her out (unless she had made a real mess!) then she went back in again. iv hardly been handling her since she stopped eating, maybe once every 2weeks??! i didnt want to leave her compleatly, thought some stimulation could get her to eat!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 21/04/2010 : 19:23:01
I've never heard of cutting the belly open but hey, if it worked it worked.

I would try and get her into a 5 day schedule rather than a 4 day schedule though. Every 4 days might be a bit much.
Maybe try keeping handlind to a minimum aswell.

Perhaps you could also try her without cutting the belly open first. If she shows no interest then cut the belly open or brain the mouse, i would personally try braining. Hopefully she takes it without having to make any incisions though.
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 21/04/2010 : 18:25:08
next feed will be in a week! i got told not to feed her to often as shes getting used to eating again, once shes back on track i might try every 4 days to feed her up and get her on fuzzies (eventually), one step at a time though! im hoping she eats again too and yes i think i will try warming and cutting the belly again, i dont know if it was just her time to start feeding again or if it was heating and cutting the belly but i dont want to risk it lol

thank you all for the congrats! im still telling everyone about it and had a huge smile on my face all day! (apart from when i cleaned the bathroom!) x
stoney2143 Posted - 21/04/2010 : 08:41:46
thats great news
Mouse Posted - 21/04/2010 : 08:33:10
Hope it all carries on well!!:D:D
Sta~ple Posted - 21/04/2010 : 08:14:13
quote:
Originally posted by animal_crazy_lady

yeah this was the 1st time i tried cuting the belly and i heated it too! this is why i hadnt wiggled mine b4 now i didnt want to scare her but it even hit her in the face and she wasnt bothered! cant get over it, im still on a proper high lol

hope you have some luck with yours too sta~ple!

Belly cutting it is next feeding time . Mine don't seem at all interested when I wiggle now they just ignore it :/

I wish you luck with later feedings.
Kellog Posted - 21/04/2010 : 05:20:51
Karen, that is amazing news and it is no wonder you are so excited and want to tell the world! I hate it when my snakes dont eat. Neither of mine are at the moment as it is 'that' season, and despite knowing the reason it really worries me....especially with Silvesta. I have done the braining and warming bit but may have to grit my teeth and try the slitting the belly ....I am seriously sqeamish but would do anything to try and get him to eat.

I bet you were in shock when she took it! I remember when Kellog took his 1st mouse with me after I had got him (which was 13 weeks previously, the move having provoked him going into 'that' mode!) Like you I didnt really expect anything, just dangled and hoped....and then 'whack' ! I seriously jumped, not only cos he had eaten but because it was the 1st time I had ever fed a corn or seen it eat!

I hope that she eats next feed too....hopefully she will now that she has been reminded of how to feed and how good it tastes ! When is her next feed and will you cut the belly of the pinkie open again?

xxx

crazy JJ Posted - 20/04/2010 : 23:35:14
awww congrats hun :D

lets just hope he thought that was tasty and wants more :D
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 20/04/2010 : 22:54:07
aw bless, thanks!

im not going to be able to sleep tonight, keep thinking 'who else can i tell?' its allover facebook and here, cant wait to tell people at work tomorrow :P just hope she keeps it up!
Sizzlesmum Posted - 20/04/2010 : 22:47:04
Yay, that's great news, I'm really happy for you.

Hubby has just asked why I have a huge grin on my face lol
mozacchio Posted - 20/04/2010 : 22:36:32
I'm happy for you!
You must be flying right now..!
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 20/04/2010 : 22:35:47
yeah this was the 1st time i tried cuting the belly and i heated it too! this is why i hadnt wiggled mine b4 now i didnt want to scare her but it even hit her in the face and she wasnt bothered! cant get over it, im still on a proper high lol

hope you have some luck with yours too sta~ple!
Sta~ple Posted - 20/04/2010 : 22:26:40
Tried braining, they look interested but that was it. I tried wiggling as well but they get scared. Might try cutting their head off next time and see if they will eat the head.

Was this the first time you tried cutting open the belly? If it was I might try this instead.

Kdlang, braining isn't that bad it looks like a white gooey liquid... XD No blood the times I tried either.
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 20/04/2010 : 22:19:49
Thanks peeps! I am over the moon, heart was goin like the clappers when she striked! so didnt expect it! :D
kdlang Posted - 20/04/2010 : 22:16:37
so glad that she ate for you. it must be such a relief. glad mine eat ok cos im not sure if i could take braining or cutting its belly open
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 20/04/2010 : 22:11:39
I tried braining them..... the rep shop asked if i had tried cuttin the belly open (cant remember what they called it) but they said to try it!
Sta~ple Posted - 20/04/2010 : 22:09:18
Congrats I'm so happy for you :)

If only my little ones would follow in Jake's example.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/04/2010 : 22:01:55
Congrats.

Why did you cut the pinkies belly open?
josh9961 Posted - 20/04/2010 : 21:53:33
Congratulations You must be so relieved. Even though they can go for ages without eating, it must be a worry when they suddenly go on a hunger strike! Hope she carries on feeding for you now

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000