The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 pick up corn

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 20/04/2010 : 00:58:48
Pick up the corn today she never once tried to bite just wanted to get back in her viv .
I had her out for about 2 mins in my hands didn’t strike at me once as I said she only wanted to get back in so first step taken just take it day by day & see how it go’s .
Darren
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sizzlesmum Posted - 20/04/2010 : 22:51:07
Congrats, that's great news
Mouse Posted - 20/04/2010 : 18:39:49
congrats!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 20/04/2010 : 14:30:27
Congrats mate, won't be long before he's just wriggling through your fingers without a care in the world.

I think for the first week or so mine just wanted to be back in their fauns but after that they had calmed down a lot and didn't mind being handled. Casper took a little longer but i still couldn't believe how quickly she calmed down considering she would tag me everytime i went near her for the first week or so
Takagi Posted - 20/04/2010 : 14:20:47
Gratz, Im in the same boat with my lil Max and everyone is really good here specially Kellog and Danny been helping me loads
Kellog Posted - 20/04/2010 : 05:01:58
That is fantastic news Darren, well done. Did she go into the strike position when you went to pick her up?

I know it may have seemed like all she wanted was to get back in the viv, but you do just need to persevere. Her reaction is through fear and she needs to get used to you, which she will. It just takes patience, and doing it repeatedly - little and often, quality not quantity.

You must be so pleased though....to have her out and be able to handle her finally without her striking. Just keep at it!

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000