The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Shedding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DannyBrown91 Posted - 14/04/2010 : 21:35:06
I just got to see Reggie shedding, well most of it anyway.

I had just had him out for a minute, then when i put him back i noticed he wern't moving his tail (which was all i could see, looked back 4 mins later and and i could see like a shadow so i flicked the light on and he was about 1/3 of the way through the shed .

My mate was amazed lol, then again so was i, so happy got to see one of mine shed.

Now hes just having a little drink looking all nice and shiny.

Will get some pics up tommorow when i feed him.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 16/04/2010 : 07:47:46
Congrats! I love seeing them when they shed although it makes me want to help them every time I see it.
Kellog Posted - 16/04/2010 : 05:21:41
I am just waiting for Silvesta to shed and hoping to see it....it will be his 2nd shed with me and the last one he did overnight so I dont rate my chances very highly.

I have been lucky to see Kellog shed most times, although the last time was the only time I have managed to see it from the beginning.... usually, like you, I come in part way through - and once they start it happens so quickly! I have taken some pics but he was right at the front of the viv so doubt they will be any good. Must try and video it next time.

Dont you think it is amazing the way they seem to 'walk' their body out of the old skin....and how the shed skin feels when you take it out of the viv freshly shed! It is actually hard getting it out without ripping it, especially if it is wrapped around branches and hides and stones like Kellog tends to do.

Am so glad you got to see Reggie shed....and that your mate did too! I cant believe that you had just had him out - I wonder if you had kept him out that bit longer whether he would have started to shed in your hands....I think some forum members have had that happen to them.

I am lucky, I get to see mine drink all the time and they even drink when I am holding them to put them back in their vivs. I was surprised when I gathered that not all corn owners had seen their corns do it.

xxx

DannyBrown91 Posted - 15/04/2010 : 13:44:46
quote:
Originally posted by crazy JJ

ooo wow its amazin isnt it... im lucky enough to of seen all my snakies shed (maybe not all completly from like start to fini tho :/) but its amazing how they do it :D

I remember Goldie when he shed last week he had to have a drink in the middle of his shed it was reli cute just ashame i couldnt get my phone to get piccies :(

I attempted to get a couple of pics but on my phone it was too dark and i didn't want to use the flash and stress him out.
crazy JJ Posted - 15/04/2010 : 13:11:52
ooo wow its amazin isnt it... im lucky enough to of seen all my snakies shed (maybe not all completly from like start to fini tho :/) but its amazing how they do it :D

I remember Goldie when he shed last week he had to have a drink in the middle of his shed it was reli cute just ashame i couldnt get my phone to get piccies :(
KITTYCAT Posted - 15/04/2010 : 08:12:11
I caught casper in mid shed one day its pretty amazing to watch
HannahB Posted - 14/04/2010 : 21:49:41
congrats
its pretty cool watching them shed and drink
i caught aura in her water bowl bathing whilst drinking the other day..she looked so cute and dinky lol
mozacchio Posted - 14/04/2010 : 21:41:34
Wow! You are so lucky..!
I haven't seen Spaghettino shed yet..
But i almost saw him drink today!
As soon as he saw me, he freezed though..
Oh well..

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000