The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Happy snake feeding day

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sta~ple Posted - 11/04/2010 : 00:20:33
First off I'm sorry for the rambling I Needed to feed all 8 today, my 2 adults and 6 babies. I put Venoms rat in RUB and tried to put him in, while he was still in my hands as I was carryimng him to his Rub, he lept out from my hands to strike and coil around the rat. Makes me jump everytime he does it XD I'm so glad that he did it as my boyfriend has never seen me feed my snakes before so it was quite a show for him to watch. Afterwards though, Venom was still exploring his viv like he wanted more the tubby snake!

Char is all milky at the moment but I thought I'd try feeding her anyway. She ate as well <3 She has been a funny eater for many years and I bought her knowing this and I always had problems with her and mice but by gosh she seems loves rats. Normally I have to put her in a RUb with the lid on to feed her but I didn't need to put the lid on this time so I got to watch her eating which is rare.

1 of the hatchlings had his second shed ever this morning and when offered food, it went straight down! He/She is starting to really look like daddy now :3 since the first shed the markings have changed so much, there is more of a black outline around the saddles now.

Another hatchling ate his mouse and then somehow shed in a tub that had nothing in it what so ever! And I got to watch him shed.
The shed skin has a lot of black markings on it which I have never seen before on a shed skin before.

One of my non feeders also fed today which made my day! I almost cried. As soon as I tried to put him back in his RUB though his tail started to rattle :( Hopefully he will get nicer the more he eats XD Maybe he will also stop striking at me now. Just gotta hope he eats again. I'm so glad he ate though, I thought that snake would never eat out all of all of them.

Sadly though, Godzilla hasn't eaten even though it's the only hatchling that has never refused a meal but I'm putting this down to him about to shed and having increaily blue eyes. 2 of my other hatchlings still haven't eaten though ever... I will keep trying though so hopfully on Thursday they will eat. I have more hope now that one more has eaten.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 11/04/2010 : 15:01:31
I have a little canalander where I write down for the month when the babies need to be fed, when char needs to be fed and Venom. Venom and Char get fed on Saturdays, just that Char is every 2 weeks and Venom every 4 weeks at the moment, maybe changing it to 6 and then 8.

Hatchlings get fed or at least I give them a mouse all on the same day as it just makes it easier espeiclaly when keeping track of feeding dates. I also expect poops all around the same time as well so I can get prepared a few days before by making many pre-folded beds of tissue paper and pre-cut toliet rolls.

Except pictures soon and more updates on the babies soon as I took a lovely picture of Venom look a-like of the babies :3
Kazzaboobers Posted - 11/04/2010 : 14:46:16
Wow that sounds fantastic to watch "sookie' hasn't had her first feed with us yet - so finger crossed it goes as well as you have described :-)
crazy JJ Posted - 11/04/2010 : 14:36:12
i feed all my hatchlings on the same day n all the adults on the same day... i find it easier then :D
HannahB Posted - 11/04/2010 : 14:24:59
congrats on the non feeders feeding.. the rest will no doubt start eating soon

quote:
Originally posted by mozacchio

How could you handle 6 feeds at once??

all 9 of mine used to be fed on the same day.. its easier with lots of snakes to feed on the same day rather than staggering it
Sta~ple Posted - 11/04/2010 : 12:58:17
With many butter tubs XD
mozacchio Posted - 11/04/2010 : 11:13:26
As far as i can see, the whole situation is pretty good!
Since one non feeder ate, you have many chances that the rest will..!
How could you handle 6 feeds at once??
Sta~ple Posted - 11/04/2010 : 09:54:31
I actually like them feeding on the same day :D mean's I expect poop around the same time.

Yeh Venom has never refused his food ever. Probably why he's so porky now bless him. He would probably eat as much as I could give him the silly snake.

Hopfully I will see shed skin for char soon and a nice poop somewhere in the viv too as it seems to take her ages to digest food.

I am really happy though that a non-feeder ate even if he is the worst tempered snake I have known! Must be down to him being beautiful lol Just otta hope he continues to eat and have his shed. Then I have to decide which out of the current 4 I am keeping and the 2 others can finally go to a new home where they will get more attension and care than they can do from me at the moment.

Kellog Posted - 11/04/2010 : 04:36:40
Now that is one reason I am happy that I only have 2 snakes, and that they usually feed on different days !

Venom definitely sounds as though he suits his name, he must love his food and I know that it would scare me to have my snake leap out of my hands at its prey....even though it is what you want them to do !

Am so glad Char ate, especially as she was milky. Must be worrying when you have a snake that is a fussy eater and you never know whether she is going to take her 'dinner' or not. My 2 are both horny at the moment and despite knowing why they arent eating I hate it ! Must have been lovely having the chance to watch her as well, and having your OH there to share the moment.

I guess it is mainly positive with your hatchlings....2 sheds and 3 eaters (and the fact that one of those that ate was a non-feeder is fantastic, I am not surprised you nearly cried!)

I know Godzilla didnt eat this time round, but at least you know that he has eaten before so he does know how and there is a reason why may not have eaten - being blue.

I am sorry that your 2 other non-feeders are still not eating. All you can do is keep hoping and keep trying....it is early days still, although I know it must not feel like that to you.

xxx
crazy JJ Posted - 11/04/2010 : 01:42:44
awww thats fab news well except about the non feeders obv but im sure they will eat when there ready :D i only had 1 non feeder out of my hatchlings and had to force feed her (well a friend did) but now she has gone to a new home (rescue type of place) where they have the experience to hopefully get her to eat on her own *fingers crossed*

but congrats spec on the non feeder that did eat... i would of loved to of seen minstrel eat on her own after everything but hopefully someone else will at least but congrats 2 u and non feeder :D but thats a relief 4 u :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000