The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 update on jake

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 10/04/2010 : 21:57:34
Well jake still hasnt eaten!
The people in the rep shop said to take her back down if she hadnt eaten for them to have another look at her, I had the day off on thurs so I thought I would take her down for them to check her over.... she hadnt been out for a while and was under the kitchen paper and in side her hide, so before i took her to the shop i went to take her water bowl out and check her too... she was milky!!
she hasnt shed for 3 months and not eaten for 2months!
I am now waiting for her to shed then try and feed her again! if she doesnt eat this time i'll take her back and the rep shop ppl can check her again!
Im gettin sick now lol
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 16/04/2010 : 05:34:42
quote:
Originally posted by animal_crazy_lady

........anyway i rang the rep shop today and they said to try different tings to make her eat, going to try cutting the belly next, the if she doesnt eat that 1 im guna try a warm 1. god im gettin sick now! :s least shes not losing weight though!
sooo i guess ill be doing another update soon

Have you checked out this link to get some ideas on how to tempt a non-feeder? http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3720

xxx

animal_crazy_lady Posted - 14/04/2010 : 15:32:31
oh least thats some good news (ish) lol
well jake didnt eat lastnite, she looked so interested too, she had her head out ready, came strait out and had a sniff but she just moved it around all nite! she had a poo over night too so i cleaned it up this morning and weighed her too... shes put no weight and not eaten for nearly 3 months!!! how do ya work that 1 out! she was 25g when i took her down to the shop a few wks ago now shes 30g! how strange!
anyway i rang the rep shop today and they said to try different tings to make her eat, going to try cutting the belly next, the if she doesnt eat that 1 im guna try a warm 1. god im gettin sick now! :s least shes not losing weight though!
sooo i guess ill be doing another update soon
crazy JJ Posted - 13/04/2010 : 02:21:20
have had a sucessful feeding night well kinda... dime ate... constricted kinda (a lazy constrict wil get piccies up later) erm scooby i found out he spat his mouse out last night... but Shikira my half n half feeder ate a large mouse woop woop the horny boys next on the list lol :)
crazy JJ Posted - 12/04/2010 : 12:48:19
Will be feeding her 2night shall let ya know... she rather grumpy atm tho... n she has never missed a feed until that one although she did start to eat it got the head in n she just spat it back out..... strange :/

i reli should get my hatchlings probed as im not a hundred percent sure, but my local rep i wudnt trust so duno who else to ask atm a m8 did pop them so i will go with that 4 now :)
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 12/04/2010 : 10:56:41
yeah shes a girl, she was probed when i got her, you can also tell by the length from her cloaca (if thats how ya spell it) to the tip of her tail, i said girl b4 they even did it! i know somtimes ya cant tell just by that but i was right lol :)
oh and how did your feed go crazy jj??
herriotfan Posted - 11/04/2010 : 21:22:12
Another thought....are you sure your snake is female? There seems to be quite a lot of people that think they have a female until she goes off food during the breeding season and on inspection (probing) by a reptile expert she turns out to be HE!!! If you've not had her sexed maybe the reptile place you go could do it for you.
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 11/04/2010 : 19:21:24
thank you! i hope so too! if she doesnt im guna let the rep shop ppl have a look at her, see what they say and ill ask about that rep boost, thanks!
crazy JJ Posted - 11/04/2010 : 19:18:18
its like a powder ya put in their water it boosts there system.. just gies them some energy its just basically a pick me up.. i used it 4 my non feeders n it works wonders :)

glad she shed 4 ya perfectly n just hopes she eats next time :) *fingers crossed*
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 11/04/2010 : 18:36:37
oooh iv never heard of reptileboost, its a liquid i take it? whats it meant to do (apart from the obvious lol).
well jake has shed, best shed yet i reckon, nice whole shed no rips or anything :) im going to leave her for the night and maybe try to feed her 2moro?? really hope she eats!
crazy JJ Posted - 11/04/2010 : 01:27:47
i wouldnt worry yet... just wait till she shed.. then try her again but corns are alot hardier then what we give them credit 4 :)

My adults have all stopped eating at the moment... annoying but still but i'll let dime of as she was in shed and at last she has so she will be hopefully fed 2mora.

keep us updated, also i dont whether you are or not but it might be worth putting some reptileboost in her water, just to give her a bit of umph :)
animal_crazy_lady Posted - 10/04/2010 : 22:25:15
yeah I have heard a few ppls snakes have stopped feeding at the mo, apparently the breeding season is nearly over? it could be that hopefully nothing else is wrong, she looks in good condition tho! :) we did keep her in the kitchen but have moved her to the spair room now where it will be quieter for her, just incase!
herriotfan Posted - 10/04/2010 : 22:16:14
I read on here about somebody else having a female that has gone off her food. It was suggested she might be broody, with it being the mating season. I wonder if that may be a factor with your little girl, as well as her shed? Just a thought....perhaps one of our experts could give you more positive answers.
mozacchio Posted - 10/04/2010 : 22:14:40
Don't worry just yet. Wait for her to shed.
Maybe after the shed she'll be ok..!
Keep us updated!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000