The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Good deal or not?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kdlang Posted - 09/04/2010 : 20:59:08
Have seen an ad for a snakie and yes I know I wasn't going to get another one yet but I'm never one to turn down a good deal. But the question is - is it a good deal? Opinions please.

approx 3yr old carolina female eating large mice. 3ft viv. heatmat. stat. bowls. decs. Not sure about thermometers but got spare anyway. They are asking for £70.

I know I ended up spending alot more than that kitting out my supposedly free snake with set-up but wasn't sure if it was a good deal in the world of second hand or not.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 11/04/2010 : 04:25:55
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

........ One thing tho, she feeds in the viv as she said the snake seems to prefer it. She leaves mousey on a feeding dish and snakey takes it when she is ready. Should I carry on feeding in the viv or feed her in a rub as I do with Alice. I was thinkin maybe do a few feeds in the viv then see how she goes feeding in a rub once we know her usual pattern.

Kellog always used to be fed in his viv (and of course went on his 13 week horny fast when I first got him) so I continued to feed him that way for 10 feeds....the joys of having a diary !! That way I could be sure he was eating properly and was happy settled in with us, then I started feeding him on a towel on the floor....and he didnt care at all!

At least the mouse is put on a feeding dish so she is not taking it straight off the substrate. Of course Kellog (when he fed) always took the mouse from being dangled while this snake is used to it being left for her to take when she wants it....so you may want to start dangling the mouse for her, in the viv, after you are happy that she has settled in and is feeding well. Then the change to outside the viv.

It is a lot of change for her so it needs to be done slowly, but in the end it is all really for her own good....and if it doesnt work then you just return to feeding her how she has always been fed.

xxx
crazy JJ Posted - 11/04/2010 : 01:46:21
i would prob feed her in her viv 4 the 1st couple/few just to get her used to u n the surroundings n then move her to rub 2 feed that should be less stress 4 her n u :D but thats just what i would do thou
kdlang Posted - 10/04/2010 : 13:00:06
Going to look at it on Monday. Owner sounds like she knows what she is on about. One thing tho, she feeds in the viv as she said the snake seems to prefer it. She leaves mousey on a feeding dish and snakey takes it when she is ready. Should I carry on feeding in the viv or feed her in a rub as I do with Alice. I was thinkin maybe do a few feeds in the viv then see how she goes feeding in a rub once we know her usual pattern.
hiper2009 Posted - 10/04/2010 : 12:13:13
Its a very good buy especialy with the viv and accesorise's let alone the snake, I would go for it mate
Kazerella Posted - 10/04/2010 : 09:36:24
I would pay £70 for the viv alone, so with a snake too it's a good buy
crazy JJ Posted - 10/04/2010 : 00:01:35
like the guys say as long as everything works n reasonable condition then thats a good deal :D
DannyBrown91 Posted - 09/04/2010 : 21:24:31
Like matty said if its in good nick then its a good deal.

You would probably pay about that for the snake alone in a rep shop.
matty18714 Posted - 09/04/2010 : 21:07:44
Yep, 'tis good value as long as everything is in good nick.
herriotfan Posted - 09/04/2010 : 21:03:02
Where we live that would be a good deal. If you look on ebay they sell for more than that normally, without a snake.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000