The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Why do snakes in shops...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nazzle Posted - 02/04/2010 : 23:09:46
I've been to 4 local rep shops today just for a general nosy. I'm pretty impressed with them all, co-habiting issues aside. They all have thermostats with probs in appropriate places, all have lots of hides in their set ups (although not as much as mine, but I tend to aim for very snug)all have digital thermometers reading acceptable temps. But, nearly all of their snakes are out and about. I tend to see my snakes when they're drinking or wanting dinner, how come snakes in shops are out and about during the day? Is it co-habiting (although the best local shop doesn't co-habit corns or royals and they're still out and about), stress, maintenance diets?

Whatever we've seen some beauties today, can't wait to move house so we can expand our collection!
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
devilsmistress Posted - 03/04/2010 : 00:54:47
My local has all his snakes in individual containers in one viv all labled up with the shedding and feeding dates on each container! He is really good!!! All his snakes are in top health to!
shaun727 Posted - 03/04/2010 : 00:02:36
my baby corn will come out at night and have a explore round his tank he some times just pokes his head out from the hide on the warm side and watches me play on the computer witch is very cute and distracting
Kehhlyr Posted - 02/04/2010 : 23:37:06
A lot are out and about, purely because they're being nosy IMO. They have a lot of different people peeking in and looking at them as well as some may get a lot of handling as well.
My local shop is brilliant and the guys there will happily get snakes out for a display for customers or potential customers.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000