The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Vote to save British Wildlife

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kazerella Posted - 24/03/2010 : 09:27:13
There's a campaign to save some of our native endangered species for National Science & Engineering week.

There are five videos telling you about the creatures, including a Horseshoe bat, stag beetle, corn crake, the common bluebell and the hazel dormouse.

Vote for your favourite here:

http://www.whatonearth.org.uk/saveourspecies
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 26/03/2010 : 05:31:11
I knew that - the Spanish have been invading for a few years now. Made me think I should get some English ones for my nature garden though.
Kellog Posted - 26/03/2010 : 04:53:27
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

I think they will try and save them all, I think the videos are just to get kids (and adults) thinking abit more about our native species.

I am sure they are working hard at doing everything they can to protect these species....I cant imagine my grandchildren living in a world where they would only ever see these things on tv or in zoos, without knowing that they are out there in the wild as well.

I think it is a great way to get kids and adults thinking and more aware of the problems out there.....I, for one, never realised that the common bluebell was endangered, so I have learnt something new. Hopefully once people have watched these videos it may get them thinking about other ways they can help other than just pressing a button to vote !

xxx
Kazerella Posted - 25/03/2010 : 20:11:02
I think they will try and save them all, I think the videos are just to get kids (and adults) thinking abit more about our native species.
n/a Posted - 25/03/2010 : 15:59:59
I am ALSO Stag Beetle!!

YAY!!

I LOVE them!!!
xXx
Kellog Posted - 25/03/2010 : 04:09:18
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

Well the creature that's in the lead is being pushed by a charity for endangered species.

When I got the link it said click here and vote to save the (creature that's winning). It was only when I got to the site that I saw there were others to vote for too.

I'm happy to say my vote went to one of the bottom two

Didnt realise that the Hazel Dormouse was being pushed in particular by a charity....just watched the videos and thought about the questions they asked before I voted . The fact that I have also seen one (in a British Wildlife Reserve place) did sway my decision slightly!

Wish I could have voted for them all though cos, as I said in my first post, it is so sad that they have got to this point of being endangered - they all need saving.

xxx
Kazerella Posted - 24/03/2010 : 20:15:09
That's 3 for stag beetles then

There was link on the page that confirmed you vote to see the results. I'll have a look....

at the moment it's:

Having read about our 5 Star Species, which is your favourite?
Response Total Response Percent
Common Bluebell 10%
Corncrake 8%
Greater Horseshoe Bat 33%
Hazel Dormouse 38%
Stag Beetle 11%
BlueTongueDan Posted - 24/03/2010 : 18:47:05
quote:
Originally posted by solid

*cough*(stag beetle)*cough*

i remember we had one in primary school in class, it were f***in` yuge!!

*cough* me too *cough*

Where can we see the results?
solid Posted - 24/03/2010 : 18:31:31
*cough*(stag beetle)*cough*

i remember we had one in primary school in class, it were f***in` yuge!!
n/a Posted - 24/03/2010 : 18:01:17
Ive Voted :)
Kazerella Posted - 24/03/2010 : 10:43:37
Well the creature that's in the lead is being pushed by a charity for endangered species.

When I got the link it said click here and vote to save the (creature that's winning). It was only when I got to the site that I saw there were others to vote for too.

I'm happy to say my vote went to one of the bottom two
Kellog Posted - 24/03/2010 : 10:21:56
Watched and voted. Was surprised when I checked out the results so far and found what I voted for in the lead (wont say what as dont want to influence other people). Amazing videos and so interesting to watch, but so sad as it really brings home the state our planet is getting into with species such as these becoming endangered.

xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000