The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 **** Is Going To Hit The Fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herriotfan Posted - 09/03/2010 : 00:26:58
Hi
OMG...I've put a bid on a snake viv, complete with all the gear. Don't suppose I'll get it but if I do the **** will most definately hit the fan! lol
Oh well, worse things happen at sea.
I'm fed up with trying to talk him round, I'm just gonna go for it.
I fell in love with the baby snake I went to see and handled last week. I can't get him out of my mind....I must be desperate!! I'm going to ring the guy tomorrow and see if he's still for sale. I'll be so disappointed if he's been sold
They're breeding atm so more are due in a few weeks if he's gone.....
Think I will just get everything, then get my snake when the right one comes along. Oh I so loved the little one last week, hope he's still there, fingers crossed!
I hope the guy will hold onto him for me while I get all my gear, or even 'rent' me some til I get my own, so I can bring my baby home. I'm sure he will, they're so nice at this place.
I've decided I'm going to ask for funding towards a viv stack for mother's day, birthday, christmas etc. Then I can buy equipment and occupants as and when funds allow......dream on
Must get to bed, have a very important phone call to make in the morning.........
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 16/03/2010 : 04:44:46
quote:
Originally posted by Mouse

yes, but then there are pets that still love their owners, even when kept in not very good conditions. I guess it depends on the pets and the owners. Maybe it's a sense of pack loyalty?!

Very true Moina, I hadnt thought of that. There are certainly dogs that are dedicated to their owners, no matter how badly they are treated - they keep coming back for more .

xxx
Mouse Posted - 15/03/2010 : 14:03:15
yes, but then there are pets that still love their owners, even when kept in not very good conditions. I guess it depends on the pets and the owners. Maybe it's a sense of pack loyalty?!

Kellog Posted - 14/03/2010 : 05:04:57
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

We're all so lucky on here because we share the love that only our pets can give us. There's something so special about that unconditional love isn't there? I really feel sorry for those who have no pets in their live.

I agree with you totally about how blessed we are to share our lives with our pets, and how saddened I am for those who dont experience that....and even more so for those pets who dont have owners that appreciate that gift they have been given.

I always like to think of it as 'unconditional love'....but I must admit to always wondering whether it was what my mum always used to call 'cupboard love' - in that we feed them, house them, water them, give them the strokes and attention they need....so surely that means that conditions are involved ?

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 13/03/2010 : 17:56:59
quote:

There's something so special about that unconditional love isn't there?

There is indeed.
herriotfan Posted - 13/03/2010 : 17:24:07
We're all so lucky on here because we share the love that only our pets can give us. There's something so special about that unconditional love isn't there? I really feel sorry for those who have no pets in their live.
n/a Posted - 13/03/2010 : 14:03:10
That's funny because my chihuahua did the same thing. When we went to look at him I took him into my arms and immediately his head laid on my shoulder. Now everytime he wants something if he's in my lap he climbs up and puts his head on my shoulder.
quote:

Thanks Mouse. Yes pets do choose owners....our parrot decided she was mine. The people where we got her said she'd never gone to anyone else that she didn't know, no matter how much they tried or what they did. When I went she flew off her perch straight onto my shoulder and stayed there until they took her off! I have to say she's at her happiest when she's with me. If I'd let her she would stay with me all day.
I think I must have a Dr Dolittle gene 'cos all my pets want to be with me, or very close by, all the time. Even the foster ones seem to gather round me too. It makes me happy too, it's an honour if any creature loves you and their love is true, they don't care if you're pretty, ugly, fat, thin, any colour etc, etc.
I'm sure, that given time, our newest addition will get round the rest of the family, no pun intended!!

DannyBrown91 Posted - 12/03/2010 : 22:12:48
quote:

Thanks Mouse. Yes pets do choose owners....our parrot decided she was mine. The people where we got her said she'd never gone to anyone else that she didn't know, no matter how much they tried or what they did. When I went she flew off her perch straight onto my shoulder and stayed there until they took her off! I have to say she's at her happiest when she's with me. If I'd let her she would stay with me all day.
I think I must have a Dr Dolittle gene 'cos all my pets want to be with me, or very close by, all the time. Even the foster ones seem to gather round me too. It makes me happy too, it's an honour if any creature loves you and their love is true, they don't care if you're pretty, ugly, fat, thin, any colour etc, etc.
I'm sure, that given time, our newest addition will get round the rest of the family, no pun intended!!

deffinitely true, Our new dog follows me everywhere, of a night she sits on the couch with me and watches tele and of a morning she comes and wakes me up.

It was the same with our rottweiler who died in october, my mum said from the day we got her she was very protective of me and would follow me everywhere.
Sta~ple Posted - 12/03/2010 : 22:11:52
I'm sure your husband will love your snake eventually, I bet e will even want to try feeding it, you migt be struggle to make him clean it out though!

My boyfriend is a bit iffy about snakes. Then again he loves mice and rats so...
herriotfan Posted - 12/03/2010 : 21:54:20
herriotfan Posted - 10/03/2010 : 22:14:09
Next episode on **** Hitting Fan UPDATE
mozacchio Posted - 10/03/2010 : 10:32:14
Good luck with your hubby!
Luckily, my bf loves snakes..! He actually got me to love them! He had a ball python and after we (me and the ball python) introduced, I got crazy about it! Then he took me to a reptile pet shop and i couldn't resist.. I got Spaghettino..! :)
n/a Posted - 10/03/2010 : 10:05:15
good luck with the oh and your new baby corn how big is the new corn and how big is the viv your buying you might need somthin a bit smaller for the corn if it is a baby
paul
Mouse Posted - 10/03/2010 : 10:04:48
My mate nick spent a year sending me pics of his snake, and I fell in love with snakes. Unfortunately his landlady came to do a house inspection and is petrified of snakes. She saw his beautiful snow and apparently flipped, and ordered him to get rid of it. He was really upset, but persuaded me that I did have the funds, then gave me his viv. I think he's lhaving snakes vicariously through me!! hehehe

My other half is so laid back he's 'horizontal', so he saw the viv, raised an eyebrow and said, "Make sure it doesn't escape."

He was a little hesitant at first about holding her, but really, shoelaces are SO cute, and he loves her to bits.

Pets choose owners sometimes, and if you've found one like that, then it will become family no matter the drama to begin with!! :D:D:D

Good luck!!
Kare Posted - 10/03/2010 : 08:10:41
LoL Thats Classic godzchild.... though in that situation my hubby would make me take the snake back!
n/a Posted - 10/03/2010 : 06:50:54
Kellog, my hubby knew nothing until he went to hug me while I was sitting down and there was this little head came poking out from under my hand. I wish I'd have had a camera. We have two office chairs close and I was sitting in my chair working on the computer with Snickers on my lap. My hubby fell back into his chair with saucer eyes and his chin in his lap...stuttering something like, "I didn't know you liked snakes".It was so comical to me, but I'm sure it wasn't for him.[quote]Originally posted by Kellog
Kellog Posted - 10/03/2010 : 03:27:10
quote:
Originally posted by Rich78

Holy Moly Im warn out reading your post

Good luck hope you get your Viv and Snake. Just take a deep breath and relax.

Take Rich's advice....you will be no good at manipulating your OH if you are running round like a headless chicken with excitement !!

That is such great news about the shop having the snake you wanted and putting it on hold for you . I do hope you get the viv you bid for, but at least you have a contingencie plan for if that doesnt come through.

Have you not mentioned it to your OH yet? I have no idea how you are keeping it all hidden (I guess you are letting your excitement spill out here so you can appear all calm and controlled at home ). Surely he must have some clue something is going on?....But then he is a man, so I reassess my question!!

xxx
n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 22:04:24
Holy Moly Im warn out reading your post

Good luck hope you get your Viv and Snake. Just take a deep breath and relax.
HannahB Posted - 09/03/2010 : 17:07:24
congrats,
hope the hubby doesnt take too much persuasion to see its the right decision
herriotfan Posted - 09/03/2010 : 16:28:03
Hey you guys......they've still got him and he's on hold for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME
If I don't get the viv that I've put a bid on then they do have some cheap 'good enough for now' vivs where the little snake is now. I'd still need to get fixtures and fittings etc but that's not a problem.
I need pinching because to me this is a dream....can't quite take it in.
I so hope hubby isn't going to burst my bubble!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hiper2009 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 15:13:32
Goodluck

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000