The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 thieves in the air

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 06/03/2010 : 12:43:02
The family that was supposed to take Snickers came and took her small viv saying they'd be back this weekend (Friday) to get her and has not returned. I am beginning to think he took the viv with no intention of taking Snickers. So now whoever takes Snickers has to have their own viv. GGGRRrrrrr! Why do people have to be so dishonest? He didn't pay me anything for the viv...since I thought he was going to come back.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 09/03/2010 : 11:22:18
That sounds fantastic Godzchild, getting a snake from a reptile rescue place is such a good idea.

You know the need out there for good homes for abandoned snakes and snakes that have had to be left behind (like Snickers), so for you to offer a snake like that a good home gives you a mission to focus on and gives the snake a hope for a wonderful future with a wonderful owner.

xxx
n/a Posted - 09/03/2010 : 09:45:17
We have already begun to look at the reptile rescues for another snake. I told Don there are enough snakes out there that people got and then realized that a snake is not for them and I'd like to provide a home for one of those. Maybe even for someone who had to do what I did with Snickers and is looking for a good home. Either way I will have another corn in my house. My hubby has agreed. Even though he was shocked when I bought Snickers, not being a snake person, he was really sad to see her go which surprised me. Thank you for your support. [quote]Originally posted by Kellog
n/a Posted - 08/03/2010 : 09:06:01
im glad it all worked out for you in the end
Kellog Posted - 08/03/2010 : 03:28:26
quote:
Originally posted by godzchild9

......Fortunately they came today and finished the deal. He was very apologetic for not coming on Friday as he'd promised, but he said time didn't permit. Anyway, Snickers is in her new home now.

I am glad that it has worked out calmly and without any more stress for you Godzchild, and I can understand why you reacted the way you did originally. This is your baby you have now given away and you have taken such a big decision to do it and made such plans to ensure it is done properly....and then it doesnt work out how you expected it to. The good news, for Snickers and her new owners, is that she is now in her new home and has started the week settling in period. I am glad that your neighbour was apologetic about not coming when he said he would, but he obviously had his reasons.

I am sure that, at this moment, your heart must be breaking. To be in your house with no Snickers in it, but know that she is only houses away....but no longer yours. You WILL get through this. You know that you have done everything you can to make sure that her owners are fully prepared on how to look after her. You also know that once you return Stateside you will be able to offer a new corn a good home. Just remain strong and remember that we are all here for you. I will continue to pray for you, if that is ok with you?

xxx
HannahB Posted - 07/03/2010 : 21:54:07
phew panic over!
glad everything got sorted for both you and snickers
DannyBrown91 Posted - 07/03/2010 : 20:29:21
I knew it would come through ok in the end. After all you would have to be pretty damn ****y to scam your neighbour.
n/a Posted - 07/03/2010 : 18:27:44
Thank you Kellog. Yes, my emotions are running high and yes i was over-reacting. Thank you for recognizing that. [quote]Originally posted by Kellog
n/a Posted - 07/03/2010 : 18:26:14
No, I didn't get the deposit. They were my neighbors and I figured I'd know where they were. I hadn't counted on it possibly ending in an awkward situation. Fortunately they came today and finished the deal. He was very apologetic for not coming on Friday as he'd promised, but he said time didn't permit. Anyway, Snickers is in her new home now.[quote]Originally posted by godzchild9
HannahB Posted - 07/03/2010 : 11:52:37
thats a bit strange taking the viv but not the snake..
is there no way you can go round to their house or ring them to find out what they are playing at?
Kellog Posted - 07/03/2010 : 04:45:04
Dont over-react just yet Godzchild. Remember that your emotions are running high anyway with everything you are having to deal with, especially with losing Snickers....and this happening has just made matters worse in your eyes. But there may be a perfectly good reason for them not coming to get him yet. Maybe there was a communication breakdown, or something came up that they couldnt get out of....you just dont know.

I seem to remember you saying that it was a neighbour, so I am assuming that you have their name and number. Give them a ring and ask when they are coming to get Snickers as you would like to have everything ready for them when they come...make a date and pin them down to a time. If you dont get a positive response about taking Snickers then ask if they are planning on returning the viv as they are not taking the snake, if the response is no then ask for payment. Only then get angry and call in the police, because is they have taken the viv with no intention of taking Snickers or paying for it then it is theft....but hopefully it is just purely a misunderstanding.

So, take a deep breath and calmly ring them wanting to make the necessary arrangement and see what type of response you get. I am so sorry you are having to deal with this on top of everything else, it really is the last thing you need. But try and keep control and get all the facts before jumping to conclusions....once you know what is going on then jump up and down and make as much noise as you want if they are behaving so badly!

xxx
kdlang Posted - 06/03/2010 : 15:51:52
Oh no that is really awful for you especially on top of the heartache of having to part with snickers. Although I guess we should give them the benefit of the doubt. Maybe they just forgot to come yesterday or something else cropped up which stopped them being able to come. I would go to see your neighbour or ring them if you have number to find out what is happening. It would be such a shame if they turn out not to be the good home for snickers that you hoped they were
mozacchio Posted - 06/03/2010 : 15:29:26
Don't you have their number , address or anyhthing? :S
lee2308 Posted - 06/03/2010 : 14:53:50
why would you let some one take the viv without paying and what was the excuse for not taking the snake at the same time?
n/a Posted - 06/03/2010 : 14:53:11
did you not take a deposit off of them you got a address for them id go knock the door and take the viv off them or phone the police as they have stolen the viv
paul
n/a Posted - 06/03/2010 : 14:35:41
Thats crazy, some poeple are unbelivable! didn't you say they were local? go knock on the door and find out whats happening. I'd be tamping!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000