The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Overly excited

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kare Posted - 04/03/2010 : 22:08:33
I am off to look at the snakes on Saturday, keep reminding myself I will not be coming home with one but I am stupidly excited about going.

Going to a relatively nearish Garden centre after speaking to the guy there, but still not sure what they charge and what colours they have, but he said he has a fair range of hatchlings.

Hope they are not stupid expensive like my local reptile store (£70-80 they were charging, would be on the expensive side at 1/2 the price...right?)
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 08/03/2010 : 03:32:35
My OH is a member of Pre-loved....and I am almost sure that it was through there that we got both Kellog and Silvesta.

xxx
newsnakekeeper Posted - 07/03/2010 : 20:37:01
Kare you only need to be a paid member of preloved to reply to the new adverts that are on there. I am a paid member on there but the older adverts u dont need to be a paid member to contact them about the snake for sale.
Sammysnake Posted - 07/03/2010 : 16:01:59
Got my baby through Pre-loved after waiting the 10 days - I'm too tight to pay for something if I don't have to!! He's an Anery and was £20.
n/a Posted - 06/03/2010 : 20:44:09
if your not a member of The Dark Side ill have a look for you as there usualy quite a few down that way
paul
Kare Posted - 06/03/2010 : 20:42:10
Torbay area of Devon
n/a Posted - 06/03/2010 : 20:39:07
no i usualy wait the 10 days cos harly anyone pays to go on there lol what area are you in
paul
Kare Posted - 06/03/2010 : 20:37:16
There are two Anery for sale fairly close to me, but you have to be a paid member on Preloved to get the contact details.

Anyone a paid member on Preloved?
n/a Posted - 06/03/2010 : 20:29:13
are you on The Dark Side if so put a wanted ad on there i did and got my corn for £15
paul
Kare Posted - 06/03/2010 : 15:56:34
I went and the guy was great, didnt really say anything I felt contradicted what I have read here.
His Anerys were lovely, though a month or two (I would guess) bigger than I wanted, they where very small, but the largest of the hatchling sizes he had.

However once again the prices were £60-70 for them, I really want one asap but wish I could find one for the £30 mark or less others have got theirs for. Thats kind of what my budget has been based on and it is fairly fixed.

What would others do in my situation? What is my next step?
Basically I wanted a snake early April, however as that looks unlikely unless I am willing to pay pretty much enough for 2 snakes Unless someone can recommend a fairly local breeder where driving to them would cost the same in petrol as the difference in their prices to the store.

Also Early May I will be driving from here (South Devon) to Hertfordshire and again in Early June so is there anywhere on that trip someone could recommend
Kare Posted - 05/03/2010 : 20:06:13
quote:
Originally posted by Flatpack63 How many times have we heard that

It may not be my choice to make. The guy at the garden centre said he commonly does not allow the snake to go home the first time someone comes in to buy one, normally telling them to return in a week...presumably to allow them time to get the snakes home set up and do some research.
Flatpack63 Posted - 05/03/2010 : 18:56:32
quote:
Originally posted by Kare

keep reminding myself I will not be coming home with one

How many times have we heard that
newsnakekeeper Posted - 05/03/2010 : 16:54:48
Rep shops are on the expensive side they will say it to cover food and lighting and heating they use for the snakes. It could mayb be a caseof seeing if there is a breeder near you i cant find one near me so got to pay wat is asked from rep shop
DannyBrown91 Posted - 04/03/2010 : 23:32:39
£70 - £80 would be expensive for some morphs but average for others.
Kare Posted - 04/03/2010 : 22:50:23
http://www.g-l.co.uk/stores.asp?store=Endsleigh Endsleigh at Ivybridge
Kehhlyr Posted - 04/03/2010 : 22:38:02
What is the local place called, and where is it?

We have members spread throughout the country so there's a chance that someone has already been there.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000