The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 An afternoon with the snakes!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herriotfan Posted - 04/03/2010 : 21:58:15
Hi
I'm so happy
I spent this afternoon with snakes!
I went to the nearest reptile retailer to us, a small, very friendly, shop. They are very good and know their stuff.
I was very lucky to be able to handle some adult and some baby cornsnakes.
Those of you that know me, on this forum, will appreciate how much that meant to me, I was in heaven.
It was so soothing to have the best silky hand massage from the little babies and a full hand and arm massage from the adults. How relaxing, beats any beauty therapist
I'm still working on the family to let me get my own snake..... not sure how long it will take but I'm really determind and do not have failure as an alternative
Watch this space.......
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kdlang Posted - 06/03/2010 : 10:30:33
Could you use your foster mum status to say that you have had to foster one on short notice. But then noone wants to adopt so you get to keep it lol.
herriotfan Posted - 05/03/2010 : 16:44:39
All the animals are mine. We used to have cats as well. When I got my senegal I decided not to have any more cats after our last old chap died (at 16) because little Peanut spends a lot of time out of her cage and I wouldn't feel she was safe with a quick kitten rushing around! When the children were young we had the full works with pets, hamsters, gerbils, rats, rabbits, etc, etc and I foster too so why hubby has suddenly got a thing about not having another pet I don't know? It cant be a 'reptile' thing because we have a beardie and he's interested in her.
Must be his age! He just tells me he would rather not have anymore animals.
He has a hobby which is working on his lathe and collecting miniature steam engine models. My plan is to wait until he buys another one then I've got him because he will have more engines than I have pets. Bide my time and all that......
It all sounds as if we're at loggerheads over this but it's not really like that. I'm going to get a snake at some point. I'd just rather do so with everyone's approval, for the snakes sake!
Kehhlyr Posted - 05/03/2010 : 15:49:00
In that case, use the good old fashioned 'My house, my rules' on the kids, therefore they have no say in whether or not you have a snake, that's 2 of them out of the equation.

Who wanted the dogs, parrot, beardie and fish?

herriotfan Posted - 05/03/2010 : 15:42:44
I wish that would work.......trouble is he's good cook so it wouldn't bother him.
I could use the years old method of suggesting single beds but I daren't in case he agrees!!!!!
I'm going to look on ebay for a decent second hand viv in readiness. Who knows if I get the equipment together, on a very tight budget, he may decide I might as well use it.
I'm just going to keep chipping away until he crumbles.....bless him.
Azzheasman Posted - 05/03/2010 : 15:40:01
a wise man once said "its often easier to ask forgivness then permission" how i got my snakes well some guy on the tv seemed wise at the time
hiper2009 Posted - 05/03/2010 : 15:29:24
quote:
Originally posted by herriotfan

Thanks for your support.....will keep nudging bit by bit until he caves in!!!

Thats the way or you could bribe hubby and say i refuse to do any cooking , cleaning until you allow me to have a pet snake haha.
herriotfan Posted - 05/03/2010 : 14:54:38
Thanks for your support.....will keep nudging bit by bit until he caves in!!!
n/a Posted - 05/03/2010 : 13:30:31
keep at him hun, it took me 6months to talk hubby into letting our son have a snake, we got there in the end, now i'm trying to talk him into letting me have one too..lol
herriotfan Posted - 05/03/2010 : 09:06:41
Hi
Both the 'children' are grown up. Son is 27 and daughter is 25.
I'm afraid they side with their father on this one. However I could see them both loving the little baby snakes if I could get them to come along and see them!
I know how lucky I am with the shop keeper, he's a super guy. I just happened to pick a time when he was least busy so it was really good to have him and the snakes to myself!!!
They breed their own corns. I've handled all the breeding snakes they use and they're all chilled out, calm snakes.
It really was a sheer joy having time with another enthusiast and all those beautiful snakes.
It is my mission to work on hubby until he sees the light!!
Kellog Posted - 05/03/2010 : 04:45:12
Definitely agree with Kehhlyr...you need to get your daughter on side, no matter what age she is....then work on your son....then your hubby stands no chance!

You are so lucky to have such a good reptile retailer near you, I would love that (although it would also be very dangerous ). At least you have somewhere you can go to indulge your snake desire in this period of waiting, and someone you trust from whom you can get your snake when you do finally get it - and I have no doubt that you will get one, you have shown how stubborn you are being about it !

I am so glad you had the chance to have some 'snake therapy' ! I know how much handling Kellog calms me down and relaxes me - not so much Silvesta because he is still a bit unreliable in his behaviour! But Kellog...to have him curl up on my lap or wrap round my neck, and then slither around me...there is nothing quite like it.

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 04/03/2010 : 22:42:01
Did you drag any of the family along with you?
The best one to have dragged along would've been your daughter, imagine the hassle that 2 girls could give a bloke?

Your hubby wouldn't have a hope then.
How old were your kids again?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000