The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Bitter/sweet

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/03/2010 : 06:18:13
After several days of dealing with the idea of losing Snickers, I've managed to find her a home with our neighbor's son. While he and his dad were holding her she kept trying to come back to me (familiarity of scent)but they have had snakes in the past and will know how to care for her. She will be going to her new home on Friday. Surprisingly, my husband asked why she has to go so soon. My thoughts are as long as I am here while they are adjusting I can answer questions for them. I'm looking forward already to my new one stateside, but...one day at a time. So much to do between here and then.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 04/03/2010 : 14:04:10
I've done that in my "notes of a mother" page I'm including in her records.
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Are the people taking Snicker's English speakers? (sorry if I put that badly )

Maybe you could tell them how much help you have found this forum and suggest they join it....that way, even once you move, both you and us can stay in touch with Snickers....and they can get as much help and assistance as you have had.

xxx

DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/03/2010 : 23:14:25
Good idea Judith.
Kellog Posted - 03/03/2010 : 21:51:09
Are the people taking Snicker's English speakers? (sorry if I put that badly )

Maybe you could tell them how much help you have found this forum and suggest they join it....that way, even once you move, both you and us can stay in touch with Snickers....and they can get as much help and assistance as you have had.

xxx
HannahB Posted - 03/03/2010 : 16:56:43
at least you know the people who are having her so you can keep in contact with them

making the decision to give up a pet is hard - i had to give my little staffie up to my ex when we broke up which broke my heart as she was my little girl (she was technically my dog but she lived with him as she couldnt be at my house), but having stayed in contact and been able to see see her for the day recently i know she is happy and is being treated right, its not how id like it but i know its what was best for her and her being healthy and happy is all i wanted for her..

the people who are having her have had snakes in the past and with you being able to help them with her specific likes/dislikes it will make it easier for her to settle in, im sure you will get regular updates about her! tell them to join up here!!
SexyBear77 Posted - 03/03/2010 : 13:55:27
So sorry she is going, but so happy she is off to a good home x
n/a Posted - 03/03/2010 : 13:34:15
I'll keep reading and participating when I can. I've got three online classes to finish in about six weeks time. So I'll have plenty to keep me from missing her too much. I am much grateful for your comments. Today as I looked in her viv I got a lump in my throat, but she is still a juvie so I know she'll adjust quickly. I've printed off her chart with her weights, feeds, and growth since I've had her. I'm also writing a note about the care she has been used to...bottled water, the heat temps, keeping the substrate thin on the warm end since she is now moving back to a heating mat for temp adjustment, but she has gotten used to natural substrate instead of the indoor outdoor carpeting that was used in her smaller viv that they are taking with her. I'm also including advice I've learned from you guys.
zandefloss Posted - 03/03/2010 : 13:01:41
*hugs* I recently had to rehome my much loved rats, who I've had since they were nippers, due to my damn allergies getting in the way of giving them the play/life they deserved.

It is really hard at first, but it makes a big difference knowing they've gone to a good home and are having a good and happy life, which as a pet owner, is the ultimate goal - even if it means the happy home cannot be with you.

Keep writing on here - everyone is thinking about you I'm sure and are here for you as you adjust

zan x
Kellog Posted - 03/03/2010 : 12:50:21
I totally understand why you have called this topic bitter/sweet.

I am so glad you have found her a home that you are happy with, and that you are being clear minded enough to have her move there on Friday so that you can be around for the period needed to settle her in and for her new owners to get used to her and be on hand for any needed advice. That is the sweet side....and the looking forward to whatever corn you have in your new home.

But the bitter side is the losing of her, and in many ways doing it this way is harder because you know that she will be just nearby but no longer yours.....

You know you have done the right and only thing you could have done under the circumstances, and you have always done what is right for Snickers. Any corn that you get when you return Stateside will be lucky to have you as its owner.

My thoughts are with you.

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/03/2010 : 09:28:29
Although its a shame that you have come to this situation in the first place, atleast you can rest knowing that she is in a good home with somebody who is going to look after them to the best of their abilities.

n/a Posted - 03/03/2010 : 08:13:19
oh hun, i'm glad you found her a new home but also sad that you had to in the first place, it's really good that you are letting her go early so she can settle in and at least you can keep an eye.
I'm sure she will be happy once settled in and at least you can keep in touch with them and see how she is progressing.
Good luck with the move. thinking of you.x

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000