The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Constriction.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DannyBrown91 Posted - 02/03/2010 : 20:44:40
Got everything ready to feed Casper today she was sitting in her little tub weighed her, then dangled a pinky in on some tongs. She usualy has a lightning fast strike but then just begins to gobble it down, however today she struck as normal and then violently began to coil around it. For her first coil attempt i have to say it was pretty tidy.

Should of got pics really but i was a bit mesmerised with the whole thing. Its the first time my mate had seen her feed and has been saying for a while that he wanted a corn snake and needless to say now he wants one more than ever hehe.

I knew my luck was in, i bought a box of 10 eggs from the asda on friday and 9/10 of them were double yolkers
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 03/03/2010 : 20:30:54
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

So, yummy eggs, first constriction and drawing another person into the love of corn snakes - you ARE having a good week!

Indeed, and i must the eggs were pretty awesome...

Won a fiver on a scratchcard this morning aswell

I think its my lucky week, might have to put the lottery on at the weekend.

let me know what numbers your picking hun?? lol
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/03/2010 : 17:28:14
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

So, yummy eggs, first constriction and drawing another person into the love of corn snakes - you ARE having a good week!

Indeed, and i must the eggs were pretty awesome...

Won a fiver on a scratchcard this morning aswell

I think its my lucky week, might have to put the lottery on at the weekend.
Sammysnake Posted - 03/03/2010 : 16:27:14
That's really cool Danny, I understand how excited you must have felt. Two feeds ago Twilight constricted for the first time (he's about 8 months). We really weren't expecting it and both my husband and I were really excited and proud - it felt like our little baby was growing up Saracen has contricted each feed with us and he really squeezes hard and hangs on just to make sure it's really 'dead'. The last mouse he squeezed so hard it popped and then managed to wipe it all along his side whilst getting it into position to eat. Gross ha ha.

SexyBear77 Posted - 03/03/2010 : 14:06:08
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBrown91

I knew my luck was in, i bought a box of 10 eggs from the asda on friday and 9/10 of them were double yolkers

Ooch, poor chickens

Great news about the constriction, always cool the first time.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/03/2010 : 13:59:41
Getting my phone replaced soon so will have a half desent camera to take some pics with.
Kellog Posted - 03/03/2010 : 04:06:53
That is fantastic Danny .

Kellog is a lazy feeder (but having had him do a 13 week fast when I 1st got him I dont really care as long as he is eating).

But Silvesta is a different story !!! He turns into this writhing ball of madness and rolls around the floor! Really must video it sometime but too busy trying to control where he rolls !

Hope it happens again, and next time have the camera ready and waiting!

xxx
HannahB Posted - 02/03/2010 : 23:29:08
its so nice to see them behave like they would in the wild..
hope she does it again for you
DannyBrown91 Posted - 02/03/2010 : 23:22:59
I was so suprised when it happened, she just struck as normal and then went on a little freaky. Shook it about like a little rag doll before wrapping around it.
Hopefully its not just a one off it was so amazing to watch, She was a little ball of awesomeness.
gingerpony Posted - 02/03/2010 : 21:48:49
congrats hun!

my OAP rarely constricts (obviously too much effort for him lol) and some of my youngsters have 'grown into' it, the oldest being about 18months old, maybe even 2 years before he'd actually constrict!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000