The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 I cannot believe this reptile shop!!!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 02/03/2010 : 19:33:49
We just popped up to 1 of our local reptile shops today for a browse around and was digusted at what we saw!!!!!!!!!!

Firstly they had about 15 IDENTICAL hatchling cornsnakes in little RUB's, half of which said 'Amel' and the other half 'Candycane' !!!!!!!! They where all identical!!!!! how could they think they could pass an Amel off as a Candycane!!!!! Bare in mind this was the shop that sold us a 'female Amel' which is now a 'male Butter'

Then they had a 'Cali king' that was clearly a Desert king!!!!!!!! These guys don't know their -------- from their elbows i swear!!!!!

When i went in before they had a '09 rainbow boa that looked like it had 4 months worth of retained shed on its eyecaps!!!! and when i said he just said it was being treated for something, but was still for sale!!!!!!!

I hate these places that are only in it for the money and don't give a damn about how they treat the animals!!!!! They cant sex them or identify them!!!!!!!!

/rant over, lol
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 03/03/2010 : 17:09:15
Awww the poor thing

When i was in a pet and garden shop the other month there was a dead mouse in 1 of the water dishes they have tanks full of them for live food for snakes, didnt mean there was a dead mouse in a viv
n/a Posted - 03/03/2010 : 15:57:04
Its shocking, and all too often nothing happens, which is upsetting, these poor animals having to suffer :o(

There was a dead tree frog in a viv when I visited a local "reptile shop" last weekend, I was so upset :o(
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 03/03/2010 : 07:55:16
every time we see our reptile expert we rant about that store, and he also knows how rubbish the place is and has had so many people telling him about it. he's shut down so many reptile shops in th area but doesnt seem to be doing much about this one

also, i know candycanes are selectively bred amels, but still there is a distinct difference! Like theres a distinct difference between a cali king and a desert king
Kellog Posted - 03/03/2010 : 04:15:01
Unfortunately, as a number of our forum members will tell you, just reporting them often does nothing. The RSPCA has enough on their plates and find it hard to make a case (unbelievably!!). What is needed is as many of your reptile friends going in and then reporting the shop independently from you - the more the shop is reported by people who have knowledge of reptile keeping the more chance of something being done. Also any pics that can be taken help (obviously without anyone noticing) and notes made immediately after the visit.

Your only other option is going to the paper.

These links are also along the same line as yours - http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7996&SearchTerms=SSPCA
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8405&SearchTerms=RSPCA

And keep ranting!!! These pet shops deserve it!!

xxx
DannyBrown91 Posted - 02/03/2010 : 23:27:09
In all fairness candycanes are amels, but as for the shop i would deffinitely report them.
gingerpony Posted - 02/03/2010 : 21:45:21
with regards to the mis-labelling............it does mean that if you DO know what you're looking at you can sometimes get yourself a bargain
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 02/03/2010 : 20:21:31
we spoke to our r.s.p.c.a reptile expert he's shut down loads of bad reptile places so hopefully he should look into it for us and sort them out. He knows who he is cos he calls im the 'chemleon killer' cos he used to sell set ups with 2 chemeleons and, of course, they are solitary creatures and only come together to mate, so one would kill the other!!!!!!
n/a Posted - 02/03/2010 : 20:08:57
cant belive some places we got a shop by us one of the staff wont go near the snakes scared of them lol if nobdy else is there you get told to come back i laughed in his face and went 15 miles further to a different shop lol
report them for malpractice
paul
mozacchio Posted - 02/03/2010 : 20:06:59
They think people are stupid by not telling the difference or they are stupid themselves by not having a clue.
Either way, that pet shop should be closed down.
Can't believe there are such kind of people.
eeji Posted - 02/03/2010 : 20:00:23
vote with your feet stop going there, thats the only way some shops will get the message. Its worked at our local 'reptile shop' which is now closed down.
n/a Posted - 02/03/2010 : 19:51:02
Report them ?

When i went in before they had a '09 rainbow boa that looked like it had 4 months worth of retained shed on its eyecaps!!!! and when i said he just said it was being treated for something, but was still for sale!!!!!!!
n/a Posted - 02/03/2010 : 19:41:26
Gawd! Amels as candycanes?!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000