The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 is she a year old??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 14/02/2010 : 23:50:19
after discussing my snake I have new doubt to believe my snake Fofo maybe older than first thought? She is just over 3' and weigh 320g and eats once a week. She was 43cm when we brought her a year ago. if you know any weigh and/or lengh charts to give a rough idea of age, or is it that she is just mega big for her age of what we though is to be 1 year old? (14 months-ish)
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 20/02/2010 : 06:28:11
I fed Snickers twice weekly for about three weeks and then went back to once a week feeds. I did it only because she was so skinny for being so long. It put a bit of mass on her so now she looks normal for her length...well closer.[quote]Originally posted by SexyBear77
n/a Posted - 19/02/2010 : 23:25:31
no all in proportion her head just had a growth spurt and she is on once a week now
n/a Posted - 19/02/2010 : 23:24:23
it was in a book to do that to held groth shes not 'fat' i have recently taken her to a reptile shop and when she was sexed i asked if she looked ok and he told me i have a very healthy girly snake
SexyBear77 Posted - 19/02/2010 : 17:39:49
Twice weekly feeds is ALOT, may almost be bordering on power feeding, which could be the cause of her size.
mikerichards Posted - 19/02/2010 : 11:24:42
Does she have a smallish head in comparison to the rest of her?
Just a thought.
n/a Posted - 18/02/2010 : 23:32:43
does any one have any more ideas
n/a Posted - 16/02/2010 : 22:18:56
i have definately only had her a year and i really dont believe she was one or definately 2 years old im thinking 43cm is a bit small for a yearling or am i wrong? its just not adding up if this helps i was feeding bi-weekly for the first six months i had her now its once a week

judging by the thread link about that puts my snake about 4 months old when i get her this maks her about 18 months old now does that make better sence
mikerichards Posted - 16/02/2010 : 06:27:05
I would say between 2 and 3, its the weight that is more telling, length can be less indicative, a young corn can grow really fast and be 3 foot in just over a year, but won't generally have the mass, whereas an older snake will.
eeji Posted - 15/02/2010 : 23:54:50
at that size, i'd guestimate she's around 3 years old
Sammysnake Posted - 15/02/2010 : 07:41:24
When I bought Twilight he was 10 weeks old, weighed 8g and was 32cm long. He was the size of your baby by 18 weeks (45cm and 20g). He grows two inches between each shed (every 4-5 weeks). Saracen is I believe around 18 months old and is 116g and 30 inches long.

Take a look at this thread too where lots of people posted ages and weights of their snakes. As you can see, there's a lot of difference between individual snakes.
http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=7671&SearchTerms=size
DannyBrown91 Posted - 15/02/2010 : 00:32:44
All my corns are 09 born and none of them are 43cm long. There isn't a specific length/ weight to age chart as all corns grow at different rates.

But if you bought her a year ago and she was 43cms long then i would say she is at the very least 2 years old.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000