The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Lost My Snake for the First time!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 14/02/2010 : 14:30:31
i went to weigh my nake as i was curious to see if she was at a weight where she could (but i wont just yet) breed. But when i went to get her out her tank was empty i have no idea how she got out but she did, i promptly found her in my sofa, the first thing i did was give her some water she drunk some right away i then warmed her up as she was cold.
i weighed her she weighs 320 grams and is just over 3' and just over a year old she has at the very least another year to wait plus we have no males which i have heard is a must.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 16/02/2010 : 22:55:26
doing some research on some older posts i now beleive she is around 18months
HannahB Posted - 15/02/2010 : 07:35:10
glad you managed to find her so quickly!
although i do wonder if she was older than you though she was when you first got her.. 300+g's and 3 foot in length isnt 'normal' for a year old snake..
DannyBrown91 Posted - 15/02/2010 : 00:44:13
I have 3 corns all 09 born and none of them are 43 cms long yet so they deffinitely werent as young as you thought.
Are you sure they may not have been 8 months old?

Reggie is around 16 inches long and weighed 25 grams before his feed on friday.

Casper is around 12 - 13 inches long and weighed 19 grams at last feed.

My candycane which i got friday is around 10 inches long possibly even smaller but i havent had the chance to have a propper look or weigh him yet.
n/a Posted - 14/02/2010 : 23:04:59
as i said im not planning just yet just on breeding i was just curious of her weight and as for her age she was tiny when i got her and that was a year ago, she is fed once a week now dont know why she is 'big' iv got nothing to compare to what age bracket roughly whould you put a snake of that size she was about 43cm when i got her and i was informed she was about 8 weeks old from my local reptile shop 'concrete jungle'

Questioning her age myself now any ideas
mikerichards Posted - 14/02/2010 : 21:52:00
You feed her Bi's??? No wonder shes so big!

In all seriousness, she is huge for her age, are you certain of her age? I have some just coming to a year old and they are no where near that size, and they aren't shy with their food!
It is best to wait till shes about 3 years old before breeding, to be on the safe side!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 14/02/2010 : 21:03:03
320 grams at a year old does seem a bit much. Are you sure of her age?
n/a Posted - 14/02/2010 : 19:25:33
quote:
Originally posted by godzchild9

I am sooooo glad you found that baby. I would've had a heart attach.I'm wondering something...Snickers turned a year old in December, is 33 inches long and weighs 107 grams. How did you get your's so large so young?[quote]Originally posted by LSZS

Bi feeds weekly for the first 6months :) small one mid-week then two, for her size, mice.
n/a Posted - 14/02/2010 : 18:18:37
I am sooooo glad you found that baby. I would've had a heart attach.I'm wondering something...Snickers turned a year old in December, is 33 inches long and weighs 107 grams. How did you get your's so large so young?[quote]Originally posted by LSZS
tinamiles Posted - 14/02/2010 : 18:07:42
quote:
Originally posted by LSZS

..i promptly found her in my sofa, the first thing i did was give her some water she drunk some right away i then warmed her up as she was cold.

least u found her quickly!!!
DannyBrown91 Posted - 14/02/2010 : 17:42:23
I had a fright when looking for casper yesterday to weigh and feed her.

Seems she had gone back to her old ways of burying herself in the aspen...
SexyBear77 Posted - 14/02/2010 : 15:21:32
At just over a year you are looking at another 2 years before breeding

Glad you found her safe and sound, its always a horrible feeling when you open your viv and cant find your snake!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000