The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Puppy update o:

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Twi Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:38:04
Both pups are doing well. Hairless girl is the noisey of the two, cries if mum leaves to get food which mums recently started doing (before she wouldnt leave them so i was feeding her in the bed lol) powderpuff boy is very tubby, bit of a lazy boy, if hes not eating hes sleeping and hes not too fussed if mum leaves as long as he wasnt eating at the time lmao
And heres a picture i took of him asleep in my hand.

As you can see o.o hes been eating well!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Twi Posted - 18/02/2010 : 22:22:48
Ok here's some pictures of them, they're now 1 week and 4 days old, boy pup has one eye starting to open and they can both hear now. They are very fat little puppies. Past 3 nights I've ended up with them asleep ontop of my bump because mums been getting into bed and ignoring them cause they sucking her dry o:

Twi Posted - 15/02/2010 : 09:54:04
I would love to keep them, but I can't. I've just cut back to three dogs instead of five so would be bad if I kept them.
n/a Posted - 15/02/2010 : 06:57:07
Ahhh... ok...That's where the hair comes from. Sorry for the trouble or having to repost. They are really cute. Are you planning on keeping one or both of the babies?[quote]Originally posted by Twi
Twi Posted - 14/02/2010 : 21:20:08
yeah lol powderpuff is the domonant gene, you breed two powderpuffs together you only get powderpuff in the litter, hairless to powderpuff you get a mix, hairless to hairless you get a mix as well but if the hairless gene doubles its deadly to the puppy, which is why most responsible breeders avoid hairless to hairless matings because 1 out of 4 pups will die. But you do get the odd breeder who doesnt really care, care more about their line and trying to get complete true hairless litters. I heard about one breeder who would have all her powderpuff puppies put to sleep.
eeji Posted - 14/02/2010 : 21:12:00
cute! :D

I found an interesting bit on wikipedia about the different traits:

quote:
The Hairless allele (the wild type) is a dominant (and homozygous prenatal lethal) trait, while the Powderpuff allele acts as a simple recessive trait in its presence. Zygotes that receive two copies of the Hairless allele will never develop into puppies. Thus all Chinese Cresteds carry at least one copy of the Powderpuff allele.

The Powderpuff trait cannot be bred out because it is carried by all Chinese Cresteds (even the hairless ones). All Hairless Chinese Crested have the ability to produce Powderpuff puppies, even when they are bred to another Hairless. On the other hand, Powderpuffs bred to another Powderpuff can never produce hairless puppies, since they do not carry the Hairless gene.

dog morphs! :D
Twi Posted - 14/02/2010 : 18:41:51
quote:
Originally posted by godzchild9

I lost the place where I asked this question before, so I'm asking again. Are hairless puppies born with hair and then it falls out? Those pups seem to have a lot of hair for being hairless.[quote]Originally posted by Twi

As i said in the other thread hairless are born without hair on their body.
i'll show you with adult pictures its easier to explain that way lol

Ok first up we have Baby, mum to puppies, tru hairless. She has hair on her head feet and tail but no hair on her body.

As you can see she grows peach fuzz on her bottom and back legs, but that's as long as it gets.

Next up Heulwen. Hairy Hairless. A Hairyhairless is a hairless which grows hair on its body but not enough, they have bald patches, like heulwen who has bald patches on her chest and sides and very thin hair as they don't grow the usual double layer of coat.

Finally Skeebee the powderpuff, Hair all over her body, some powderpuffs get hair that grows right to the floor others is slightly shorted going just past the elbows of the front legs. They have a double layered coat, fine long top coat and a think downy undercoat.

lol that should explain better than looking at the puppies.

Now with the puppies the boy pup is a black and white powderpuff, but as he gets older the hair will grow and lighten its very rare for a powederpuff to stay the colour they were born. So he will either end up cream with grey ears or grey and white. The girl pup is a hairy hairless, has some hair but not alot she has a bald line down her back, on her sides and on her chest lol. You'll be able to see the difference better when the pups are older because boy will get fluffy and the girl will get a 80's hairstyle on her head but thats about it LOL
Hope that helped
n/a Posted - 14/02/2010 : 18:21:27
I lost the place where I asked this question before, so I'm asking again. Are hairless puppies born with hair and then it falls out? Those pups seem to have a lot of hair for being hairless.[quote]Originally posted by Twi
HannahB Posted - 14/02/2010 : 12:12:39
glad they are doing so well
that is a very cute pic.. i remember when my staff was dinky enough to fall asleep like that when we first got her!
lmfastcars Posted - 14/02/2010 : 11:12:20
good news :) lovly picture
Kellog Posted - 14/02/2010 : 04:11:05
It is good to hear positive news about the pups...and that Baby has started to look after herself as well. Everything seems to be proceeding as it should !

xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:41:31
Ha ha, what a cute pic, glad to hear they are doing so well.
Twi Posted - 13/02/2010 : 22:38:54
XD you can tell im by the computer its where all the mess gathers haha

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000