The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Viv stack finally underway! ( Very Pic heavy)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 15:27:23
Here is the viv stack me and dad are building.

It will be 4 vivs, the bottom and top around 17 inches tall, the middle two around 15 inches tall. Each viv will be 24 inches deep and 40 inches wide.

The outer body is a wardrobe from B&Q, with 2 of the shelves made into floors for the vivs. The back has been replaced with 9mm marine ply for stability, which will be sealed.

Progress so far-
The outer frame

The top floor-

Bottom floor (middle vivs not in yet)-

Glueing and tacking on the back-

Top viv with the back on-

Still to be done-
fronting, vent holes (though vents are purchased), middle partition, sealing, runners, cable holes and glass.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 02/03/2010 : 20:09:43
easiest thing to do is buy a wardrobe(or go on freecycle, i'm picking one up from somebody one there tommorrow to make mine) and then measure the depth and width and get the partitions/shelves cut for you at a diy store like BnQ just get conti board to match the colour of the donor wardrobe. the glass you'll have to phone around and get cut, google or the yellow pages will have the people in your area to get the job done. vents and door tracks from ebay or diy store. screw it and seal it and you have a rack :)
its not that tricky just need the shell to start you off
n/a Posted - 02/03/2010 : 19:55:20
Wow that looks realy good !!
Could you share some tips how to make one ??
Sizes for wood,Glass ext...
Thanks
n/a Posted - 28/02/2010 : 21:57:48
wow, that stack looks amazing! well done to you and your dad
n/a Posted - 28/02/2010 : 11:13:01
wow!! what a fantastic job your dad and you have done and at such a cheap cost too, your dad needs to go into business making viv's he certainly is handy to have around!!!
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/02/2010 : 10:27:00
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

Only bit of advice I would give would be to either have some RUBs on standby or a sheet of perspex in the garage just in case of any mishaps, a.k.a. staggering into your room after a really good night out .

LOL

I have strategically placed it in the far corner of my room, if I'm that staggery my giant bed will catch me first
Paulusworm Posted - 28/02/2010 : 07:44:50
Excellent job. Looks really good. I really hope that you bought your dad a drink or 7 for doing that .

On the glass front, untoughened should be fine with doors that size and at the height of the top two vivs. Only bit of advice I would give would be to either have some RUBs on standby or a sheet of perspex in the garage just in case of any mishaps, a.k.a. staggering into your room after a really good night out .

quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Yeah my Daddy is the best

Nope. I am and I've got a badge and a cup from my kids to prove it .
Kellog Posted - 28/02/2010 : 04:52:30
All I can say is - wow ! And so quick!! You and your dad really must have put in some hours to get it done...and he has done you proud!

Glad Croc and Casper are settling in well. Will be good when Mushu has made up her mind and Diego's bottom viv is all ready for him.

But where are the gecko's going???

Seriously jealous....but then you know that!

xxx
n/a Posted - 27/02/2010 : 22:33:43
cheap as chips lol only askin as was lookin into building a stack of vivs for my beardie babys well for the next lot anyways thanks
paul
SexyBear77 Posted - 27/02/2010 : 22:11:57
No I dont mind-

Wardrobe £49 from B&Q
Wood for back and 3 partitions £13
Runners £15
Glass £56
Vents £8

Total- just over £140.

Happy snakes- Priceless
n/a Posted - 27/02/2010 : 22:06:44
great build if you dont mind me askin how much did it all cost to build, i thinks this should be put into the build section, oh yeh ask your dad when he can build me one lol
SexyBear77 Posted - 27/02/2010 : 20:16:11
Yeah my Daddy is the best

Snakes seem very happy indeed, only Croc and Casper have moved in so far as Mushu is still debating whether or not she is having eggs any time in the next ten years......
Jennet Posted - 27/02/2010 : 20:14:02
Lookin good SB... great to have a 'dad that can'... well done both... J
DannyBrown91 Posted - 27/02/2010 : 20:12:52
Some seriously nice vivs there SB
HannahB Posted - 27/02/2010 : 20:03:36
wow that looks awesome!!!
bet they are loving their new digs
SexyBear77 Posted - 27/02/2010 : 19:57:05
Hey Sam- tbh we just made it up as we went along really, we bought the wardrobe and just went from there!

gmac- the royal be moving into the bottom viv, but I need to buy a new heatmat first, Casper's one is stuffed!
gmac Posted - 27/02/2010 : 19:50:57
looks great SB, your Dad and you hae done a brilliant job on that. Just to fill the bottom viv now.
n/a Posted - 27/02/2010 : 19:34:03
Woow i wish you could make me one ! lol
How did you find how to do it ?
SexyBear77 Posted - 27/02/2010 : 16:39:39
FINISHED!!!!

SexyBear77 Posted - 15/02/2010 : 21:31:24
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

looks great,untoughed will be fine for doors that size,if you want toughened then they have to cut it then send it off to be toughened ££££££

Cheers lee, didnt know it had to be sent off.
lee2308 Posted - 15/02/2010 : 21:30:14
looks great,untoughed will be fine for doors that size,if you want toughened then they have to cut it then send it off to be toughened ££££££

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000