The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Bitten

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 08/02/2010 : 09:15:24
Last night i joined the few who have been bitten by thier snake.
Hercules had just eaten his mouse and is usually very docile afterwords and is easy to pick up and move back to his viv, Not last night. He must have still been hungry and as i went to pick him up WHAM-O! he tagged me on the thumb the little bugger then tried to get me a few more times as i moved him back, luckily i got away with only the one bite.

I know you like to see pictures of wounds so i took a pic

WARNING - THERE IS BLOOD IN THIS PIC

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 11/02/2010 : 09:43:49
ohhhhhh that's a rather nasty looking bite....
glad ive not been bitten yet although my son nearly copt it monday night..lol
mikerichards Posted - 11/02/2010 : 08:41:16
I think sometimes getting tagged by a corn is almost worse than some bigger snakes, its not the bite that people find traumatic, but the hiss that comes with and the speed.
Boas for one don't hiss when they strike, and if you think a corn is fast come and meet my boas! The problem is, the hiss and sudden movement make you jump, so you pull away, chances are you are not as quick as the snake, and you can end up damaging their teeth.
The best thing you can do, if you get struck at is not to move, it takes some practice, but its best for the snake. As for pain, none of my corns under a year old break my skin, even the olderones don't do that much!
I did get tagged by my stroppy boa a while back, that's a whole different world, they hit very hard and have big old teeth, you don't get away with just a scratch like a corn!
kevgerb46 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 18:21:38
when i was 14 afreind of mine had some sort of python, he had him out when i was their once and as i sat on his sofa it struck my leg and wrapped itself around my leg this thing was about 12ft long, after he and his girlfreind got it off i had 2 holes in my leg and i bled for hours and u think a corn can bite? i pooped myself, does that mean im in the tag club now?
Fal Posted - 09/02/2010 : 15:08:05
effffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

....oh...sorry I passed out and my hand must've fell on the keyboard!! hehe... Grats on being 'tagged' I think i'll pass on being tagged, mind you, maybe it'd be best getting tagged whilst Bella is diddy and before she grows up lol
n/a Posted - 09/02/2010 : 13:54:30
quote:
Originally posted by widey

Dude wheres the blood????

look right in the center of the pic and its there, you might need to squint a bit tho :D

Guys and Gals i thank you for your concern and would reassure you all that i am now fully recovered and have full use of my hand back.
a33272 Posted - 08/02/2010 : 19:55:43
wow thats one savage snake bite u got there
reptiledanny Posted - 08/02/2010 : 19:46:40
wow, he really did take a chunk out of you.

you guys that are complaning about not being bitten yet, do it know while you have hatchies, would be worse from adult lol . i have been bitten. while feeding monty was still hungry and thought that he would apreciate a quick decor change while i was putting him. he didn't. lol. nearly had to much blood loss and thought about transfution lol.

did you need a transfution from all that blood loss dykie
eeji Posted - 08/02/2010 : 19:21:36
man thats a bad one! you were lucky he didn't swallow you whole!
n/a Posted - 08/02/2010 : 19:15:34
Dude wheres the blood???? LOL...welcome to Tag club....
nails Posted - 08/02/2010 : 18:26:43
I agree godzchild, i think i prefer to be an on looker, i don't fancy getting bitten!!!!
n/a Posted - 08/02/2010 : 17:18:33
If one must be bitten to be a 'real snake keeper' I'd rather remain a tourist.[quote]Originally posted by Kellog
n/a Posted - 08/02/2010 : 16:20:53
quote:
Originally posted by Dykie

WARNING - THERE IS BLOOD IN THIS PIC

HAHAHA!!!

WOW!!

Thats some blood!!!
xXx
gmac Posted - 08/02/2010 : 14:58:37
it really is amazing the damage these guys can do, makes you think twice about handling, im gonna order needleproof gloves now .
n/a Posted - 08/02/2010 : 14:52:05
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

you poor poor thing.. did you have to consider amputation??

No it never got that bad, could you imagine life without thumbs?
HannahB Posted - 08/02/2010 : 13:08:59
you poor poor thing.. did you have to consider amputation??
n/a Posted - 08/02/2010 : 12:54:09
quote:
Originally posted by MacSpud

I feel left out that I haven't been tagged yet.

If you want it that bad just rub a mouse on your hand and wiggle it about, i must warn you it isnt nice

i will post some more pics later this week when i get my revenge and bite him back
SexyBear77 Posted - 08/02/2010 : 12:14:33
Holy Moly, think my lunch is coming back up....
MacSpud Posted - 08/02/2010 : 12:12:23
I feel left out that I haven't been tagged yet.
Kazerella Posted - 08/02/2010 : 12:01:31
oh Dykie you poor thing- you were lucky to survive a bite like that
n/a Posted - 08/02/2010 : 10:19:06
I was thinking of going to the hospital but i just had a lie down instead and felt better after an hour or two :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000