The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Look what I was upto last night o:

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Twi Posted - 06/02/2010 : 10:36:06
Lookies what I was up till 4am playing midwife to :3

First puppy:
Type: Powderpuff
Sex: Male
Time: 12:43am
Weight: 117g
Birth: Breach

Second puppy:
Type: Hairy Hairless
Sex: Female
Time: 2:47am
Weight: 84g
Birth: Normal

Third puppy:
Type: Hairless
Sex: Female
Time: 3:35am
Weight: 121g
Birth: Normal

They are so cute, I love the way the third pup looks like she has white eyebrows lol. Gonna be keeping a close eye on the smallest one, make sure shes putting on weight, giving her extra feeds if needed. Baby is doing well, shes a good mum :)
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 12/02/2010 : 06:39:41
quote:
Originally posted by Twi

Woke up this morning to find the tiny girl dead.....I think the most heartbreaking thing about it is watching baby looking for her now i've taken her away......

Oh Twi, I am so sorry to hear about the littlest one. I know she was the runt of the litter but it did seem as though you had given her the best start....but maybe it just was never meant to be.

I know what you mean about watching Baby looking for her. I know when our dog, Snoopy, died we were really worried about our younger dog, Woody, as she was so depenent on him. She wouldnt even go out into the back garden without him and if we took him to the vet she would spend the whole time by the front door or running round the house looking for him. But it was strange...Snoopy died within half an hour, at home. My OH brought Woody into the room and showed her his body, she sniffed it and then seemed to show no interest at all - it was as though she knew he had gone. She didnt pine for him at all, didnt look for him, continued to eat...the only change was she became more attached to us, which is lovely. She is an old dog now, 14, and I am dreading losing her as I dont know whether OH will let us get another one .

Baby will adjust, she has 2 healthy pups that need caring for and she has you to distract her when she is searching for her lost baby.

xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 10/02/2010 : 20:47:03
Very sorry to hear about the little one x
tinamiles Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:26:36
sorry twi! at least you gave her the best start in life! Bless her!
kdlang Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:14:53
So so so sorry to hear about the tiny girl Twi. That is so sad that it happened just when you are starting to breathe a little. Hope baby doesn't pine too much and that the other two carry on gaining weight as they are.
Twi Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:09:29
quote:
Originally posted by godzchild9

Ok...so the puppies are born with hair and then it falls out later or what???how do they get to be hairless?[quote]Originally posted by Twi

nope hairless puppies are born with hair on head, tail and feet but bald bodies. Its the way the breed is lol
Twi Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:08:21
Woke up this morning to find the tiny girl dead. She was fine when I had last woken up to feed her in the night. I think the most heartbreaking thing about it is watching baby looking for her now i've taken her away. She was doing so well so it's shocked me to loose her so suddenly, specially when she had started to feed off mum on her own. The other two pups are doing fine though so thats some good news at least, they've nearly doubled their birth weight in just 3 days.
n/a Posted - 09/02/2010 : 20:01:42
Ok...so the puppies are born with hair and then it falls out later or what???how do they get to be hairless?[quote]Originally posted by Twi
HannahB Posted - 09/02/2010 : 19:08:19
aw is that the teeny tiny girl??
aw thats adorable!! so glad shes doing well now - you must be super proud!!
kevgerb46 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 18:28:52
congrats, i remember my bitch having hers, i was like an expectant father pacing the floor and smoking 40 fags an hour, hope little one puts on weight, and all are well.
n/a Posted - 09/02/2010 : 14:02:25
Sorry Twi but that thing gives me the creeps.
puppys are cute tho.
Twi Posted - 08/02/2010 : 22:31:55
This is the best site i have seen in the last two days
Twi Posted - 08/02/2010 : 20:25:53
hes pic of the tubby lil boy

and heres whole family :3

n/a Posted - 08/02/2010 : 17:22:08
Soooo tiny!!!Sooo cute!!!Aaawww!Thank you for sharing.[quote]Originally posted by Twi

Lookies what I was up till 4am playing midwife to :3

Rik Posted - 07/02/2010 : 19:22:36
Awwww puppies! Glad they are all doing well especially the little one.
SexyBear77 Posted - 07/02/2010 : 14:07:44
Glad to hear the puppies are doing so well, especially the little one!

Cute pups but will admit I'm not a fan of hairless dogs
Twi Posted - 07/02/2010 : 13:06:25
Weighed them again today

Boy pup is up to 134g
Runt is up to 93g
and the other lil girl is up to 125g

I'm glad the littlest one is putting on weight shes drinking anything between 1.7 and 5ml of milk from me per feed but wont latch onto mum. Shes putting on almost double what the other two are putting on now though, so hopefully few days she will catch up with them and be able to feed from mum without the other two pushing her off. So far today boys up 2g, girls up 4g and runts up 7g.
Kellog Posted - 07/02/2010 : 11:17:30
quote:
Originally posted by Twi

I weighed them this evening.

First pup is up to 131g
Seconds dropped to 82g
and third is same at 121g

I'll be feeding the two girls extra, smallest more than bigger girl as she can latch onto mum but gets kicked off by brother.
Just finished their first feed, lil girl ate loads ........ I'm hoping just a couple of days of extra feeding and help latching onto her mum then she will be doing well :3

I am so pleased to hear that the littlest girl is taking the extra feed she needs and hopefully because she is taking it so well she wont need it for too long and can be returned to her mum full time.

Remember....you cant afford to get too attached!!! You have a lot of work coming soon in the shape of your own little baby!

xxx
n/a Posted - 07/02/2010 : 04:50:50
When I saw the first couple of pics I couldn't figure out what was what! lol.....well done, going to be keeping you busy for a while...hehehe....babies of any species you gotta love em...

My youngest daughter is 7 months old now and is just starting to sleep through at night. Which makes mum very happy. It doesn't affect me as I work nights only on my days off was it a hassle and having no boobs doesn't help!!!!!
Twi Posted - 06/02/2010 : 20:22:56
lol well powderpuff have hair all over.
Hairy hairless is a hairless with hair in patches. She has a bald chest and inside of legs.
Hairless is bald on body.
kdlang Posted - 06/02/2010 : 20:04:46
Oh congratulations they are so cute. How do you tell which will be powderpuff, hairy hairless, and hairless when they are just born? They all look the same to me. I'v never heard of a hairy hairless either. To be honest, i'm not a fan of small dogs but those pups are really adorable - well done baby.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000