The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 BARGAIN!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SexyBear77 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 16:30:51
Went to B&Q today with my lovely Daddy to look at wood etc for building a viv stack and found a beech effect wardrobe which is perfect.

Its 40.5 inches wide, 70 inches high, and 24 inches deep, good thick wood, and very good quality.

Price? £49. Reduced from £100. Can't wait to get converting!
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
SexyBear77 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 23:08:12
Never heard of a plinth being used before, wasn't planning on using one but will look into it.
n/a Posted - 05/02/2010 : 22:52:30
quote:

Going to sound like a typical girl here- what is plinth and why do you need one?

I'm guessing a plinth is pretty much a stabilising support beam?
quote:

If you are building a Stack you can make a plinth to give you so many CM/Inches between each Stack this helps a little for support but also lets heat from your Viv stack breath and allow it to spread out so that you don't get problems with heat build up on your Vivs.

SexyBear77 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 22:42:26
quote:
Originally posted by Rich78

Do you bother to put a plinth between your stacks?

Going to sound like a typical girl here- what is plinth and why do you need one?

I'm guessing a plinth is pretty much a stabilising support beam?
n/a Posted - 05/02/2010 : 22:22:41
Great deal and sounds like a coll project. Nice to hear you and your Dad enjoy working together on projects.

Dimensions sound perfect for what your doing.

Do you bother to put a plinth between your stacks?
SexyBear77 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 20:46:01
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Love your Daddy!!!

That is great news SB....so nice to have something to work on and so necessary with your ever expanding collection - especially with hatchies due soon !

So who is going to do the work...you or him or a joint project???

xxx

I do love my Daddy, he is very lovely!

We both quite enjoy working on stuff together, we have built a rabbit hutch, chicken coop and floored a loft together- I think I am like the son he always wanted!

It should be finished next weekend, or shortly after, which means I can have Casper's long thin viv for housing the hatchling tubs on a heat strip.

Should be able to get it finished for well under £100, but if we were doing it with conti-board we would have been looking at about £150+ for the entire finished set-up.
Kellog Posted - 05/02/2010 : 20:35:55
Love your Daddy!!!

That is great news SB....so nice to have something to work on and so necessary with your ever expanding collection - especially with hatchies due soon !

So who is going to do the work...you or him or a joint project???

xxx
HannahB Posted - 05/02/2010 : 17:27:54
wow thats an awesome find..eventually i will get some form of stack sorted when the corns are all around 3ft long lol
SexyBear77 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 17:19:21
quote:
Originally posted by Paulusworm

Sounds good. Why not just convert it into an arboreal viv and get a lizard of some description. You could easily fit a couple of family groups of green anoles in that.

Lol, Mum draws the line at snakes, lizards would be a complete no no!
Paulusworm Posted - 05/02/2010 : 17:12:37
Sounds good. Why not just convert it into an arboreal viv and get a lizard of some description. You could easily fit a couple of family groups of green anoles in that.
SexyBear77 Posted - 05/02/2010 : 16:34:49
Going to be a 4 stack, I think each viv will work out as 17.5 inches high? Does this sound ok?
Blackecho Posted - 05/02/2010 : 16:32:36
Is that a 4 or 5 viv stack then?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000