The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 888 Reptiles Live |Stock.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 16:29:08
My mum has been looking on this website and seen that they sell reptiles and ship them out to you. I told her that it was better to go to the shop to get the snake but there is a snake on there CB09 that she has searched for and hasn't been able to get hold of.

Anyway i wondered wether any of you had ever ordered livestock and new what they were like. Are there reptiles well looked after? Would they sell a reptile that isn't feeding or in anyway unhealthy?
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DannyBrown91 Posted - 04/02/2010 : 11:22:52
Ok thanks everyone. I have used 888 to buy hides and things for both my snakes and for frozen mice, i was just a little reluctant to get livestock.

I shall tell my mum that it should be ok anyway, thanks everyone.
n/a Posted - 04/02/2010 : 07:20:54

I got Orion (MBK) from them. Incomplete records, but excellent customer service, and I was very happy with the way they packaged him for shipping. (That's very important as a snake can get really damaged in transit if this is not done correctly.)

A friend of mine has had some bad experience with them when ordering equipment, but I must say that on all the occasions I ordered equipment, food, livestock, I haven't had any complaints other than the fact that the snake initially arrived with no records at all.

All in all, if you ARE going to get a snake online, I'd say yes, go with Triple 8.
LittleMick Posted - 04/02/2010 : 00:47:44
Eh!!! Did someone call? Lol.
Tis true, I got Elijah from them, out standing service, I was really reluctant to get live stock online. Although they didn't give me FULL records, they did sex him, and gave me feeding records, they won't knowingly sell non feeders.

I did a review on them

http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6161&SearchTerms=888

I ordered all the equipment from them, booked a day off work for that and got Elijah delivered on a Saturday (£35), you can also collect from them if arranged. Ring them to order though as they don't have a collection option in the shipping. Have to say though, their email comms are abit naf, so ring them.

I also got my Scorpion setup from them and will be collecting the Scorp tomorrow. And I will be buying all my other equipment and livestock from them as well

I had a bad exp. with my LRS and and try never to ue them any more, I just think ubless you know the breeder/stores really well they try to rip you off.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 21:23:09
Ok thanks everyone.
a33272 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 19:49:44
i got marmalade from them and couldnt fault anything, they ring you to arrange delivery dates to suit you, they come in a pollystyrine box with a heat pad tapped in etc id happily order from them again
lee2308 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 17:32:49
they are a very reputable company and i have heard of a few people who have ordered from them with no complaints.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 03/02/2010 : 16:55:03
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

LittleMick is the one to talk to about livestock from 888, im sure he got Elijah from there,
what snake has your mum found? they are quite well known within reptile keeping so I'm assuming they have a high standard of care for their reps, if you do buy a snake online make sure you get a full history about the snake - feeds and sheds ect, and get pics of the specific snake you are getting just as a reference for when it arrives

Shes looking at the candycane corn. Says its for her but im not so convinced. I really like these morphs and was looking for one when i got my first corn but it seems they can be pretty hard to find and it just so happens to be my brithday in 12 days.
HannahB Posted - 03/02/2010 : 16:45:32
LittleMick is the one to talk to about livestock from 888, im sure he got Elijah from there,
what snake has your mum found? they are quite well known within reptile keeping so I'm assuming they have a high standard of care for their reps, if you do buy a snake online make sure you get a full history about the snake - feeds and sheds ect, and get pics of the specific snake you are getting just as a reference for when it arrives

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000