The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 viv build project, with piks

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/01/2010 : 17:41:22
just thought id show you my new viv project it is a 4 floor viv, i have got the basics built just got to put the back on, the glass in, paint it and the put the electrics together (probably not in that order), here are some piks of my progress
enjoy

edit,inluded pic links
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lee2308 Posted - 04/03/2010 : 21:27:12
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

quote:

Might be worth bearing in mind that corns prefer heat from underneath, not lamps, but apart from that it looks very smart.

they will be getting belly heat from the lamps from underneath ,thats the only problem with having lamps in stacks,it plays havoc with the temps in the viv above.

Lol problem solved then!

not exactly,dazb was having major problems controling the temps in the above vivs
SexyBear77 Posted - 04/03/2010 : 18:01:49
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

quote:

Might be worth bearing in mind that corns prefer heat from underneath, not lamps, but apart from that it looks very smart.

they will be getting belly heat from the lamps from underneath ,thats the only problem with having lamps in stacks,it plays havoc with the temps in the viv above.

Lol problem solved then!
lee2308 Posted - 04/03/2010 : 17:51:34
quote:

n/a Posted - 04/03/2010 : 14:18:59
the build is going great more piks to add soon, the glass is in on the top 2 vivs and the oldest snake is now living in the stack the motley will be going in as soon as the viv is ready, as for the heat issue there are smooth round pebbles placed beneath the lamp so the snake can get heat from the ground to also there is the heat lamp from the viv underneath (except the bottom one) iv done this so it is more like their natural habitat as the sun is above the snake and heats up the ground like rocks.
SexyBear77 Posted - 13/02/2010 : 11:59:38
Kellog Posted - 13/02/2010 : 03:49:01
Looks like your viv project is coming on well Sophie. And is definitely needed with your new acquisition and those that are planned!

You seem to have researched it really well, which is good to see. They are lucky snakes!

xxx
n/a Posted - 12/02/2010 : 22:16:03
**UPDATE**

this is my prgress so far, the heat lamps are fitted the back is also on the vents and thermometers have arived yet to be fitted here are the piks

sexychef Posted - 31/01/2010 : 23:30:35
looking good
n/a Posted - 31/01/2010 : 23:02:01
**UPDATE**

just put the third coat of paint on the inside of the vivs just the back to paint and fit and thats the frame done gonna fit the heat lamps soon to aid in the paint drying

eeji Posted - 29/01/2010 : 18:50:41
SB, B&Q sell 24" and 18" wide white conti ;)
SexyBear77 Posted - 29/01/2010 : 13:00:28
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

yeah Argos should be good for stuff that's easily convertable

Ikea's bargain basement bit is great as the actual carcass of the potential stack is already built it's just the actual conversion that's the work..............and fitting it in the car!! lol

Me and Dad are going viv stack shopping this afternoon when he gets home from work, I think we are going to both a big builders merchants and Argos/Homebase to look at cupboards and wardrobes.
gingerpony Posted - 29/01/2010 : 12:43:01
yeah Argos should be good for stuff that's easily convertable

Ikea's bargain basement bit is great as the actual carcass of the potential stack is already built it's just the actual conversion that's the work..............and fitting it in the car!! lol
sexychef Posted - 29/01/2010 : 12:03:09
done the same cheap book shelf from argos
gingerpony Posted - 29/01/2010 : 11:47:58
quote:
Originally posted by Yorkshire_Dan

good idea! Ikea is only 1 mile up the road from me........ gonna go have a look.

or keep an eye out for anything that will easily convert into a stack, that's half the hard work already done for you!
n/a Posted - 28/01/2010 : 23:43:21
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by LSZS

over all price to be updated soon

Again, price is not needed.
It would also likely be irrelevant as well, B&Q change their prices so often.
It also depends on what wood is used, I'm sure if I wanted nice pre-treated pine, then the price would increase by about 400 times, but that would be my own issue for doing that.

When I said about the measurements, I was refering to if you had made any plans throughout, including original wood sizes and cuts etc.

there was no plans, the boards them selves 6foot by 2foot, they created the sides. I simply cut some of them in half to create the shelves, and that is the extent of my planning.
n/a Posted - 28/01/2010 : 22:48:59
good idea! Ikea is only 1 mile up the road from me........ gonna go have a look.
gingerpony Posted - 28/01/2010 : 22:37:54
for my most recently built stack we used a wardrobe from Ikea - all plastic coated so just the joins to seal and no painting either
the wardrobe itself was in the 'bargain basement' section and they were being sold off for £10 as the boxes/packaging had been damaged, that's damn cheap wood! and i've STILL got enough to build another viv if i wanted!
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 19:12:32
Thanks.
lee2308 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 18:54:33
i used 15mm melamine but you can also use melamine hardboard as long as the humidity isnt going to be high
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/01/2010 : 17:08:39
Lee, what did you use for the back of your vivs?

I am looking at contiboard from B&Q but it is nowhere near wide enough. I want to build a stack of 4, each 40 inches wide, by 20 deep by 20 high. Cant see any wood that is big enough though?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000