The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Why did i handle on wrong day

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
newsnakekeeper Posted - 26/01/2010 : 21:42:55
Just my luck fed shearer on sat night and decided to handle him tonight and what does he do in return? Thats right he decides that i make a good pooing position. Never mind dont think it be last time it happens lol
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Budaholic Posted - 04/02/2010 : 08:39:56
quote:
Originally posted by kdlang

I like that Bud, that is a great idea. I might have to play around with some anagrams when it comes to naming our next snake. How did you find out that hypomelanistic could become Alice Hypnotism

Online anagram genrator, there's loads of them, but this one is pretty good -

http://freespace.virgin.net/martin.mamo/anagram.html
newsnakekeeper Posted - 01/02/2010 : 22:12:37
Who the bleep is alice lol
kdlang Posted - 01/02/2010 : 21:31:15
I like that Bud, that is a great idea. I might have to play around with some anagrams when it comes to naming our next snake. How did you find out that hypomelanistic could become Alice Hypnotism
Budaholic Posted - 01/02/2010 : 20:35:16
My Alice is a Hypo, or to use the full term - Hypomelanistic

And it just so happens that an anagram of Hypomelanistic is 'Alice Hypnotism'. When I told my daughter, she loved it, so the decision was made.
kdlang Posted - 01/02/2010 : 19:23:15
Alice was actually a christmas present for my son coming with the name Sammy. When he told one of his school friends he was getting a snake, she asked him to name it after her so Alice it became, despite the fact we were told it's a boy lol. There is a very unfortunate song that comes into my head pretty regularly when we say his name, which I have to resist singing with the children around lol.

Glad to see another Alice. At least yours won't have gender identity problems. Why did you choose 'Alice'?
Budaholic Posted - 01/02/2010 : 15:58:06
Alice has never pooped on me. I'm very careful about when I handle her around the 3rd - 4th day after feeding.
If she hasn't been after 4 days, I'll put her in a couple of inches of water in the bath and I can pretty much guarantee she'll go then. Easier to clean out of the bath with some toilet tissue too

kdlang, how did you decide on the name 'Alice' for your corn?
kdlang Posted - 29/01/2010 : 23:11:26
Alice shows the same signs Kellog. The first time he did it I thought he was just keeping still for the camera, then we realised why the tail went up lol
Kellog Posted - 29/01/2010 : 20:21:35
You can normally tell when they are going to poo - or at least I can with Kellog and am beginning to see the signs with Silvesta too.

Goes very still, tail comes up at a strange angle, vent pokes out....then make sure you have kitchen roll ready to catch and beware, it shoots far!! Needs to be layers of kitchen roll as well cos it soaks through and you do not want it soaking through into your hand!

xxx

PS - Tizzy: Didnt realize Minx was missing, sorry. At least you know she is healthy and well...you tried the bottle traps to try and catch her?

elament Posted - 29/01/2010 : 11:36:28
LOL this is a funny thread. Glad I am not alone Colin usually lets one rip when he is on my other half but he has got me a couple of times bugger I swear he saves it for us. In all the time i have had him i have only had to clean a handfull of poos out of his viv as he invariably waits till he comes out and drops it on us. Maybe he dont want to get his viv messy lol
kdlang Posted - 29/01/2010 : 00:21:44
Alice has pooed on me or my son every week. Actually, I'm glad i read on here about when they usually poop after a feed cos i was prepared the first time. We always cover ourselves with an old towel and try not to let him travel too far until he has expelled lol. This week I even managed to catch half of it on some kitchen roll altho I did it really slowly as i didnt want to spook him mid flow.
Rik Posted - 28/01/2010 : 23:26:25
They get us all eventually. Khan like many others here seems to wait till i handle him then lets rip. It is mortifying when you know its coming and you cant do anything quick enough to stop it.

Good luck in getting Minx back too.
n/a Posted - 28/01/2010 : 16:39:48
I've been wondering about that too. Snickers will go for days without poo'ing until I pick her up. After fifteen minutes she suddenly lets the big smelly one. I've taken to changing my clothes when I know she's not gone since she ate. I even tried the towel and she will manouver herself between the towel and me to get a good shot.
quote:
Originally posted by newsnakekeeper

Just my luck fed shearer on sat night and decided to handle him tonight and what does he do in return? Thats right he decides that i make a good pooing position. Never mind dont think it be last time it happens lol

n/a Posted - 28/01/2010 : 13:50:18
LOL Tizzy, lets hope you get her soon!!
Tizzy Posted - 28/01/2010 : 12:41:09
Minx is currently on the run, all attemps of traps have failed and everytime i spot her she shoots back under the skirting board, hasn't stopped her coming out during the night and pooping on my sofa though!!!!

Yes she is called Minx for ea reason.
n/a Posted - 28/01/2010 : 08:05:32
Steve pooped on my sons bed..lol
n/a Posted - 27/01/2010 : 22:18:38
i have yet to be poo'd on, when mine need to go they go over to the other sofas on to the girlfriend and her sister, surprisingly they wernt best pleased with me, something tells me they didn't appreciate me laughing at them.
n/a Posted - 27/01/2010 : 19:36:39
lmao it happened to me yesterday also but lol s**t happen's.....
n/a Posted - 27/01/2010 : 15:58:49
Try getting pooped and peed on my an adult male cornsnake that ate medium rats! All on my lap whilst sat on my mums sofa! Not nice!
hiper2009 Posted - 27/01/2010 : 15:10:23
LoL Gifted
eeji Posted - 27/01/2010 : 14:01:12
everyone will get it eventually! :D

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000