The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Snakey in the News!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 21/01/2010 : 20:08:42
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8469726.stm

Hungry pet snake found in grocers
Corn snake, George
George slid through a gap in the lid of his tank

A pet snake that escaped from its owners' flat five months ago has been found curled up beside the heating pipes of the shop below.

George, a corn snake, was discovered by a worker in the Spar store in Mallaig.

Scottish SPCA inspector Dawna Connolly said it was remarkable the young snake had survived without food.

The officer added: "He was very thin when we collected him, so he would definitely have been ready for a welcome home meal."

George, who was two months old when he escaped, has been returned to owners Rosemary Leckie and her 15-year-old son Stefan.

Ms Leckie said: "We're delighted to have George back with us, I thought he was dead.

"My son keeps him in his room and he managed to escape through a tiny wee gap in the lid of his tank.

"Apparently corn snakes are good escape artists so we'll be keeping a close eye on him now."
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 24/01/2010 : 19:36:39
That's funny. Too bad Americans are not so polite as to offer a cup of tea for such and experience.
quote:
Originally posted by Skorps

HAHA! Poor Johnny!!

My friend from work- her husband used to be a copper at some point and he also use to get called out for anything to o with snakes- So- the police get a call one way from a "Very" old lady- who said that there was a snake in the shed and she was worried etc- turns out the said "Snake" was actually...
The Hose Pipe...
Shame- but he got a cuppa Tea from the visit!!
xXx

n/a Posted - 22/01/2010 : 16:04:47
HAHA! Poor Johnny!!

My friend from work- her husband used to be a copper at some point and he also use to get called out for anything to o with snakes- So- the police get a call one way from a "Very" old lady- who said that there was a snake in the shed and she was worried etc- turns out the said "Snake" was actually...
The Hose Pipe...
Shame- but he got a cuppa Tea from the visit!!
xXx
n/a Posted - 22/01/2010 : 06:43:22
Oh My WORD! That poor grocery store guy. I hope he liked snakes. I had a friend once in the states that was a garbage collector in Sacramento, California. One morning as he was doing his job he went to empty a can and found a snake curled up around it or in it something. He, being afraid of snakes, jumped back and didn't want to take the can. The lady came out of the house and Johnny said, "Be careful there's a snake there." When she came over to see, she picked up the king snake and kissed its nose and explained that it was her pet that had gotten out earlier in the week. Johnny said he felt like he was going to faint.
quote:
Originally posted by Skorps

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8469726.stm

Hungry pet snake found in grocers
Corn snake, George
George slid through a gap in the lid of his tank

A pet snake that escaped from its owners' flat five months ago has been found curled up beside the heating pipes of the shop below.

George, a corn snake, was discovered by a worker in the Spar store in Mallaig.

Scottish SPCA inspector Dawna Connolly said it was remarkable the young snake had survived without food.

The officer added: "He was very thin when we collected him, so he would definitely have been ready for a welcome home meal."

George, who was two months old when he escaped, has been returned to owners Rosemary Leckie and her 15-year-old son Stefan.

Ms Leckie said: "We're delighted to have George back with us, I thought he was dead.

"My son keeps him in his room and he managed to escape through a tiny wee gap in the lid of his tank.

"Apparently corn snakes are good escape artists so we'll be keeping a close eye on him now."

HannahB Posted - 22/01/2010 : 06:05:25
great that he was found

my nan posted my mum a clipping from the paper she gets about a snake that had gone missing,then a year and a half later had been found wriggling across the kitchen floor, the owners tried to grab him but missed and he shot into the oven - right at the back where the flames are - and the oven was on! they managed to turn it off and dismantle the back to get little snakey out safely
LittleMick Posted - 21/01/2010 : 20:29:18
Alls well that ends well

I bet they will be keeping a tight lid on things from now on
SexyBear77 Posted - 21/01/2010 : 20:09:41
Lucky find, and lucky snake!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000