The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Bargin

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 19/01/2010 : 22:16:46
Got All This For £30 For my Royal Python when he/she is old enough for the EX Large Hide and EXlarge Water Bowl

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 21/01/2010 : 14:13:58
I have one of those stats. It came with my viv stack, which is already equipped with ceramic Repti-Rads, which apparently they work really well with. They may be work considering as a heat source for your Royal.

You got a good bargain there Hiper (although my best bargain was a 3 x 3 foot viv stack, 6 exo-terra hides, 6 wooden hides, 4 of those water bowls, 3 x repti rads, 1 of those stats, 2 on/off stats and a bin bag of plants all for £140...needless to say I was seriously chuffed!)

As a side note; Several ppl on the dark side said the rads would be fine to use with corns, even though the Rads are on the 'ceiling' of the viv. They can be a bit of a 'devil may care' bunch over there sometimes though and I'm not 100% convinced ('cos of Corns getting their heat from below). So I'm looking into either (i) finding some way of making a false floor and having the rads underneath, on the stat of course OR (ii) scraping the Rads for the Corns and just keeping them for Royals etc.

Will let you know how it goes xx
hiper2009 Posted - 20/01/2010 : 18:29:39
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

being the 2 version of the model, i THINK those work with mats and the DL1 are for bulbs.

Works fine with bulb tested it today in Romeo's viv and works great with a matt too. But the alarm does my head in lol
hiper2009 Posted - 20/01/2010 : 18:28:20
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

I wouldn't use one of those for a standard bulb, as it'd be going on and off all the time which will result in it popping.
You're better off with a dimmer stat for a lamp, I'm unsure of how good that stat would be with a ceramic though as I've not used one myself.

Its a DL2ME Pluse stat i made sure before i bought it i showed BE a pic on TRP site and he said yes that fine
Kehhlyr Posted - 20/01/2010 : 17:17:06
I wouldn't use one of those for a standard bulb, as it'd be going on and off all the time which will result in it popping.
You're better off with a dimmer stat for a lamp, I'm unsure of how good that stat would be with a ceramic though as I've not used one myself.
hillzi Posted - 20/01/2010 : 16:25:23
being the 2 version of the model, i THINK those work with mats and the DL1 are for bulbs.
hiper2009 Posted - 20/01/2010 : 12:46:26
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

nice one :)

it looks like the water dish could do with a good bleaching though ;)

Im going to bleach every thing at the weekend
eeji Posted - 20/01/2010 : 00:09:52
nice one :)

it looks like the water dish could do with a good bleaching though ;)
hiper2009 Posted - 19/01/2010 : 23:06:57
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

Very good!!

Thanks all i need now is a heatmatt and ceramic heat bulb or IR bulb
SexyBear77 Posted - 19/01/2010 : 22:17:46
Very good!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000