The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Sabutse Burrows!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sara3502 Posted - 16/01/2010 : 00:21:22
Sabutse would never burrow, and his aspen looked really packed down in his hide. So when he was in his hide, I churned it all up with my hands and added 2 handfulls of new aspen with it and made a couple of small piles of it. When I was done, I took sabutse out of his hide and set him down on it. At first he was searching and looking at everything. to help him burrow,I pushed my finger through some aspen and he immediately found the small hole and started to burrow in it! now he is under a hide under the aspen with his head sticking out of it. It is so cute!!!
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 20:37:50
Well that's an answer to a question I hadn't thought to ask. Snickers was burrowing under her substrate when I had the heat lamp going and I thought it was a sign of stress. She is still burrowing and I keep taking her out because I thought she would get respiratory problems from the substrate. It's not the white stuff that most of you have. I bought the darker substrate wood stuff. I don't make it very deep, but now after reading what you guys are writing I'm think that maybe I should change to the white stuff (aspen) and let her go for it.
quote:
Originally posted by Sara3502

Sabutse would never burrow, and his aspen looked really packed down in his hide. So when he was in his hide, I churned it all up with my hands and added 2 handfulls of new aspen with it and made a couple of small piles of it. When I was done, I took sabutse out of his hide and set him down on it. At first he was searching and looking at everything. to help him burrow,I pushed my finger through some aspen and he immediately found the small hole and started to burrow in it! now he is under a hide under the aspen with his head sticking out of it. It is so cute!!!

newsnakekeeper Posted - 17/01/2010 : 18:55:56
Sara i had the same problem with my corn shearer i looked in hide and couldnt find him and though oh no it has escaped. Moved some of the aspen and found him under the substrate was relived that is one worry over
n/a Posted - 17/01/2010 : 10:57:37
We've just moved Eric into Aspen and am guessing it's gonna be substrate chaos when we try get him out next.
HannahB Posted - 17/01/2010 : 10:48:06
my little aura burrowed a bit yesterday when we first put her in her faun, i know hes not a corn but Q had a whale of a time when we put him in his viv the other day - he disappeared under the paper shreddings and didnt resurface for a while!
Sara3502 Posted - 17/01/2010 : 00:56:50
I was scared to death today when I couldnt find snakey and so I took everything out and started to search through the aspen and found him slinking around on the very bottom of the terrarium under the aspen on the cold end. I was so relieved to find him.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 16/01/2010 : 14:31:43
I just have to find casper and sort of swirl my finger in the substrate near her and try to spot which hole her little head pops out of lol.
Sara3502 Posted - 16/01/2010 : 14:07:15
That is funny! well when I try to get him out of it, he just moves away so its kinda the same for me too!
Kellog Posted - 16/01/2010 : 06:08:22
I am sure Sabutse is loving the chance to burrow!! Well done for making the changes needed to encourage him to.

Silvesta burrows as well, which is a slight problem at the moment as he is still very feisty. If he is curled in his hide then he is happy to be picked up, but if he is under the substrate first you have to find him and then you have to catch him.....which means substrate chaos in the viv!!!

xxx
Sara3502 Posted - 16/01/2010 : 01:28:50
As to your question, I don't have one but like you, I am gonna get one. I think your snake will love it and be very happy with its new toys . That is so cool with the burrowing! (:
DannyBrown91 Posted - 16/01/2010 : 00:45:48
Casper also loves burrowing. I barely see her in the day time as she is always under the aspen on the cold end. Infact when you pick up the faun you can see little tunnels everywhere. There is one that goes from her warm (and currently only) hide to her water bowl where she very often curls up under.

I also made the aspen on the cold side nice and thick although it isn't quite six inches . Hopefully my order from 888 reptiles should come either tommorow or monday and i will be able to change her faun out a little. I ordered a snake cave a little plant and a vine.

I only got the small vine with her only being in a faun, are they any good?

Im sure casper will like it, i was even thinking about making a little hammock out of something as she is always climbing up the side of the faun and resting on the little edge where the lid clicks on. Just thought i would give her something else to play on of a night when she comes out.
Sara3502 Posted - 16/01/2010 : 00:45:06
Ok well for him, the mounds are about 2 1/2 inches tall at the most. Most of them are 2 inches tall.
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 00:41:12
the two who's aspen I fluff up to 6 inch are both adults by the way..... for my hatchie, no where near that much, but still make sure there's enough to have a good burrow.
Sara3502 Posted - 16/01/2010 : 00:34:53
Ok i will do that. Thanks
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 00:24:13
All 3 of my corns love! to burrow in aspen. I heap it up in the cool end of the viv upto probably about 6 inch in places, and keep fluffing it up. Keep it thin over the heated end so as to not insulate the heat and end up lowering the temp.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000