The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Keeping snakes warm

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 00:12:15
When you take your snakies out (like to reptile nights) I presume you take them in RUB's. So how do you keep them warm? waterbottles?

(sorry if you've seen the same question over on The Reptilian)
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 17/01/2010 : 21:51:40
quote:
Originally posted by Yorkshire_Dan

I'd love to come to the next one yeah..... have to see what Angelina's shifts are....

For shorty..... well, all I can say is......... Angelina's cleavage is quite snuggly.

i usually put a thread up the week before Rep Night so keep your eyes peeled lol glad they all enjoyed their day trip out and Shorty would never snuggle up like that with me lmao!
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 16:07:35
I'd love to come to the next one yeah..... have to see what Angelina's shifts are.

I was enquiring because we had planned to go to Angelina's work today (Pinderfields) for a little show n' tell of our 3 corns on the ward she works on. For Syd & Charley I ended up padding a RUB out with a towel, plus a hot water bottle under the towel at the right temperature. Then lined the RUB with a sheet for a bit of privacy for the snakes to keep them calm and hidden.

For shorty..... well, all I can say is......... Angelina's cleavage is quite snuggly.

gingerpony Posted - 16/01/2010 : 12:23:17
i take mine to rep night in RUBs/fauns and usually just rely on the car's heating unless its particularly cold when i'll use a tepid hot water bottle - fortunately i'm only 20 mins from the rep night venue though

you can also get packs that you heat up in the microwave but my concern with them is that they could easily get MUCH warmer than you want them to - filling a hot water bottle it's easier to control the temp.

and actually AT the York Rep Night Pauline provides heatmats

you thinking of going to the next one YD?
n/a Posted - 16/01/2010 : 11:26:05
I'm thinking more about taking them out for possibly several hours. Rep night or to my kids school... etc.
reptiledanny Posted - 16/01/2010 : 09:33:18
i nnow wat you mean, i was wondering how you would heat them for like wen you buy them and doncaster cuz thats an hour journey for me.
LittleMick Posted - 16/01/2010 : 03:22:09
You can also get heat packs for the transportation of herps and fish, and cold packs, snake bags, although I have never used them as Elijah won't be going anywhere soon.
DannyBrown91 Posted - 16/01/2010 : 00:49:54
Good question, i have never been to any kind of reptile night but sometimes take her with me on a sunday when i got my nans, As she normly stays on the cold end of a day time anyway and i take the heat mat with me i didnt really worry about it, although i guess a water bottle could come in handy.

When i bought her i just kept the little tub near the car heater.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000