The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 First handle/feed went well

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sammysnake Posted - 09/01/2010 : 18:32:44
Well it was FINALLY time to handle Saracen after the 7 days hands off and he did really well. The first time I picked him up he tried to escape and is REALLY fast! He settled quickly though and was really calm in my husband's hands (he's much warmer than me and Twilight likes to sit on him too - don't worry, I'm not jealous!).

Next day when I picked him up he was all curled up and just stayed like that in my hand for a while without trying to get away! He's really tolerant of being stroked but spooks easily if there are any sudden movements. He was really happy exploring the bed.

I feed Twilight in the open on top of some kitchen roll so I tried the same thing with Saracen except as he's bigger, I put a towel on top of a tray and fed him on there. Boy is he a striker - he was so fast. He also thrashed his body around in the beginnings of a constriction (although he missed) It was so cool - very different from my baby. Once he had the fluff he lay really still with his mouth around it for a few minutes before beginning to eat so he's definitely more shy than Twilight but once he started he dispatched it very quickly and struck immediately at a second one.

I'm so proud of him to be able to eat in the open in a strange place like that. I'm sure he's easily ready to move up a size in food but wanted him to have at least a couple of feeds with what he's used to in his new home before I introduce any changes.

Just a quick substrate question - what do most people use? He seems to be on beech chips with a very co**** grain - they don't stock it in my local rep shop, the beech they have is much finer grained. Should I go with that or with aspen? Cheers.

More pics soon - didn't want to startle him whilst feeding
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sammysnake Posted - 09/01/2010 : 18:34:28
Darn that filter - I meant BIG beech chips

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000