The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 sorry for not bein here

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brookestar Posted - 07/01/2010 : 11:42:23
sorry for not bein on much but as some of you know the last month has been hard for me. well i have lost another 2 since the last time a baby amel and my gecko.
i just havent the strength to carry on atm and am seriously contemplating selling most the snakes and only keepin the 5 adults. i just cant believe its the babies tht are dying and the last death i will never stop beatin myself up over. she was on the bed out of her viv and i bent down to grab the water and when i stood back up she had tangled herself in surgical tape (used when i dislocated my finger, and i didnt realise was on the bed ) she went to vets and they remover it but had to remove scales aswell but unforntunatly she didnt make it)
as for the gecko well that was a rescue and wasnt ecpected to live long due to past traumas and vet said there wasnt much i could do just had to cross my fingers and hope it survived and overcome the stress.

anyway i hope i can keep my head high and get bk to tlkin and gettin help of u lovely ppl. i just feel so sick tht the last casualty was because of my own stupidity and thoughtlessness
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lucifer Posted - 08/01/2010 : 18:28:17
I echo what everyone has said brooke, we all know how much you care for your pets... all pets too as evident by you helping so many on here and rescuing the gecko.

Stay strong.
PunkAsF82 Posted - 08/01/2010 : 15:05:06
*hug* so sorry brooky. stay strong!
HannahB Posted - 08/01/2010 : 14:41:48
brooke hun im so sorry about how rough the past month has been for you

dont give up on yourself and please dont give your snakes away - if you did i bet you would regret it later

accidents happen and sometimes no matter how hard we try these things happen.. everyone on here knows how much you care for your snakes and that if you had seen the tape you would have moved it,

your love for your snakes is obvious so please like others have said dont make any rash decisions,

hope you are ok xx
gingerpony Posted - 08/01/2010 : 14:07:49
oh brookie *hugs*
Sammysnake Posted - 07/01/2010 : 17:23:00
I am so very very sorry Brookstar. You've had such an awful time lately and I'm so sorry that there is nothing I can say or do to make this better for you.

I fully agree with everything that Kellog has said - you are clearly a very loving and caring owner and no matter how careful we are, we cannot always prevent accidents from happening. Afterwards you did everything you could for this little snake rushing her to the vet rather than taking a cheaper 2nd option of trying to get it off yourself.

Please don't rush a decision regarding your other snakes. Grief can make you think lots of weird things - be it for a friend/loved one or a pet - and there are stages to go through (including guilt, whether there is any reason to feel it or not). It is important to move through all the stages before making any big decisions that you may regret. Getting rid of your babies will not make you get over your losses any quicker and hopefully they will all grow and thrive in the future proving to you that you are not 'bad luck for hatchlings' or whatever else you may be thinking because it is babies you have lost.

Much love, Sam
hillzi Posted - 07/01/2010 : 15:45:33
Don't be sorry Brookey wooke, I have been wondering where'd you got to though.

Awh man that sucks! Poo happens unfortunately, it's your not fault. One thing at least she was a little baby and not a fully grown snake. May sound a bit harsh..

Well done on you for trying for the gecko, did you ever get the viv your uncle bought of me?
Kellog Posted - 07/01/2010 : 14:29:45
Brookestar, your pain is so evident in your post and I wish I had the words to make you feel stronger and better...but I know that there is nothing I can say.

Just know that you have always done what is best for all your animals. Your care for them has been with love and respect. Mistakes are made and accidents happen, they cannot be undone and I am just so sorry that the result was another death for you to deal with. The way you take on those who need caring for shows you character and the fact you put your love and time into the gecko knowing its chances were slim is a testimony to you.

Please dont make any drastic decisions regarding getting rid of any of your animals. Give yourself time to grieve and regain your strength...when you will be able to make a decision based on your experience and knowledge rather than one based on the raw emotion you are filled with at the moment.

Your absence has been noticed and worried about...I am just sorry I didnt have the courage to contact you directly to see how you were following your previous losses. You are so needed by this forum and without you there would be a hole that could not be filled. So please hold your head up high and know that everything you have done and do is out of love, and that your experience and support is wanted and needed here...you are wanted and needed.

You have supported so many others in the past...now let us support you.

You are in my thoughts.

xxx
kizzig Posted - 07/01/2010 : 13:14:45
Brookestar, so sorry to hear about the tough time you've been having... Don't apologise for not being on (although we did miss you!)

Please don't beat yourself up over this, unfortunately these things happen... It's a shame about the tape, but we all know that you would have moved it if you'd have known it was there.

Keep your head held high, we all know how much you care for your animals. These things are sent to try us and can only make you stronger.

Best Wishes

Kizzig

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000