The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Any Pc Geeks out there?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
devilsmistress Posted - 04/01/2010 : 16:06:06
Kind of need some help for my partners PC. Everytime he turns it on he gets a blue scren with Page Fault In Non Paged Area. I have spent hours looking on the net for answers, but every forum is all in tec speak that we dont understand, or suggest going to windows and doing stuff that way.
We cant even get to windows. We have removed the memory sticks one at a time to see if that done anything but nope still the same prob.
We have tried geting to windows in safe mode same thing even tried einstaling windows but nope wont let us do that either!

Help please anyone????
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 15/01/2010 : 05:49:14
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by Kellog.......you have given me strength that is much needed and encouragement that is definitely needed when you are dealing with those such as Kehhlyr and Eeji !

xxx

I thought that's what you drank for??

Me...drink...never!! Its what I use the drugs for!!!

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 15/01/2010 : 00:16:01
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog.......you have given me strength that is much needed and encouragement that is definitely needed when you are dealing with those such as Kehhlyr and Eeji !

xxx

I thought that's what you drank for??
Kellog Posted - 14/01/2010 : 04:08:36
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

Judith, on a more serious note I've been meaning to tell you for ages that you are an especially wonderful human being and it is clearly evident from all of your posts that you care deeply about the people on this forum - the ones you know and the ones you don't. You are always the diplomat and the peacemaker, able to put yourself in another person's shoes (even if you don't necessarily agree with them) so that you can offer truly caring and supportive advice. You freely share your gift of encouragement and I fully expect you one day to hear the words "Well done good and faithful servant".

With love, Sam

Sam, your comment nearly had me in tears ...which is quite something to be having this sort of conversation in the middle of talk of computers that I totally dont understand! Would be very interested to hook up with you by email, msn or on Facebook. Check my profile for my details.

Thank you...you have given me strength that is much needed and encouragement that is definitely needed when you are dealing with those such as Kehhlyr and Eeji !

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/01/2010 : 23:39:12
I liked Linux.
I started with 'Lindows' which was linux but with a windows gui, a sort of stepping stone to Linux really.
Then I went to Ubuntu, which I like because I could use it for a while as a live cd until i got the hang of it.

I still use Womp Linux, it's a 30mb live cd, but is designed totally for media, so films/music etc.
eeji Posted - 13/01/2010 : 23:06:54
guilty as charged :(

I did try Linux for a while, but the wife couldn't figure it out (even with a windows stylee environment) so she made me get rid of it :(
Kehhlyr Posted - 13/01/2010 : 22:17:35
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

......I blame stupid MS and their stupid windows for killing off nice easy languages :D

Agreed.
But now most of us live in sin because we've become to lazy with our GUI operating systems.
eeji Posted - 13/01/2010 : 19:00:36
i can only manage extremely basic PHP, I've not been at it very long yet. I half remember GWBasic and not being very impressed with it :D

I blame stupid MS and their stupid windows for killing off nice easy languages :D
Taz Devil Posted - 13/01/2010 : 17:12:27
quote:

Sponge head is on.
I can't do PHP, but it's very similar to the old basics though isn't it.

I think the syntax for most of the easier languages is very similar. Although I never took it to a professional level, I started out with Spectrum basic, went onto AMOS on the Amiga and also GWBasic on the PC. I then had a dabble at Pascal and thats where it all ended, once database access was involved it just went right over my head.
Sammysnake Posted - 13/01/2010 : 16:58:39
Judith, on a more serious note I've been meaning to tell you for ages that you are an especially wonderful human being and it is clearly evident from all of your posts that you care deeply about the people on this forum - the ones you know and the ones you don't. You are always the diplomat and the peacemaker, able to put yourself in another person's shoes (even if you don't necessarily agree with them) so that you can offer truly caring and supportive advice. You freely share your gift of encouragement and I fully expect you one day to hear the words "Well done good and faithful servant".

With love, Sam
Kellog Posted - 13/01/2010 : 03:49:18
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

Oh Kellog *sigh* you can love them, just don't TELL them you love them as that defeats the guidance about ignoring them and not making eye contact! Now you've shown them what they'll perceive as weakness and they'll be merciless. I'm afraid there's nothing more I can do for you...

Sammy...they know I love them....and they know I have to . How can I show my continuing love without giving them the chance to wind me up mercilessly and still continue to love them despite it! If I just dont tell them and ignore them then it achieves nothing!!!

I can take whatever they throw at me and will continue to love!!!!!!!!

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 11/01/2010 : 23:00:56
Sponge head is on.
I can't do PHP, but it's very similar to the old basics though isn't it.
eeji Posted - 11/01/2010 : 21:18:36
PHP

(BASIC is much easier! )
Kehhlyr Posted - 11/01/2010 : 19:38:03
quote:

<?
$message = 'awwwwww we\'re loved!';
$end = 'mwwwwwwaaaaahhhhhhhhh';
$l = 0;

while
($l < 100)
{echo $message . '<br />';
$l++;}

echo $end;
?>

Looks familiar, but can't place it.
It's not the old Micro-Soft basic is it?
eeji Posted - 11/01/2010 : 19:05:31
<?
$message = 'awwwwww we\'re loved!';
$end = 'mwwwwwwaaaaahhhhhhhhh';
$l = 0;

while
($l < 100)
{echo $message . '<br />';
$l++;}

echo $end;
?>
Sammysnake Posted - 11/01/2010 : 07:42:33
Oh Kellog *sigh* you can love them, just don't TELL them you love them as that defeats the guidance about ignoring them and not making eye contact! Now you've shown them what they'll perceive as weakness and they'll be merciless. I'm afraid there's nothing more I can do for you...
Kellog Posted - 11/01/2010 : 05:39:16
quote:

quote:

10 PRINT "ANNOY KELLOG ";
20 GOTO 10

*cough* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMkxCQunwGs *cough*

Still love you and always will (unfortunately I have to )

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 10/01/2010 : 23:51:06
Totally forgot when I was typing it that it's already in uppercase and held the shift key when I typed 'Kellogs' which gave a symbol.
Oh well.

I shall have to program the other one as well at some point.
eeji Posted - 10/01/2010 : 23:13:10
Class!

Kehhlyr Posted - 10/01/2010 : 22:41:01
quote:

20 GOTO 10

*cough* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMkxCQunwGs *cough*
eeji Posted - 10/01/2010 : 21:50:31
20 GOTO 10

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page