The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 behavior difference in morphs?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 30/12/2009 : 11:07:57
is there a behavoir difference in morphs. wen i asked my shop they sed there was but only with the lighter colours like snows and blizzards. is this true. do you guys notice any between morphs.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 01/01/2010 : 17:13:52
none of mine are handled regularly and they're all well behaved. The only grumpy ones are two of this years hatchlings (one MUST be a genetic thing, because his older siblings are nippy too!)
n/a Posted - 01/01/2010 : 17:08:22
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

quote:
Originally posted by Zeusie

Ive only got the one snake so i cant exactly compare. But I think that it might be something to do with temperature. how a light snake would get cold easily and a dark one would get hot in the light. It wouldnt explain the bad temper but it might explain why they behave differently. Just guessing...

random thought... Wonder if snakes can be rascist...?

depends on wat way. my mates was racist on wat it ate, it didn't eat black mice, it would only eat white mice. i don't mean to affend anyone by this.

I don't think that's racism.. might be because black mice obviously look different to white mice, if snakey was fed on white all the time and then suddenly a black turned up in its viv, might have been a little cautions towards it

edit - spelling
reptiledanny Posted - 01/01/2010 : 17:00:34
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

quote:

some will be skitish and other will love handling.

it all boils down to individual snakes..some will adapt to being handled and some will try and avoid it like the plague..

exactly. that is wat i meant.
reptiledanny Posted - 01/01/2010 : 17:00:03
quote:
Originally posted by Zeusie

Ive only got the one snake so i cant exactly compare. But I think that it might be something to do with temperature. how a light snake would get cold easily and a dark one would get hot in the light. It wouldnt explain the bad temper but it might explain why they behave differently. Just guessing...

depends on wat way. my mates was racist on wat it ate, it didn't eat black mice, it would only eat white mice. i don't mean to affend anyone by this.
HannahB Posted - 01/01/2010 : 16:57:38
quote:

some will be skitish and other will love handling.

it all boils down to individual snakes..some will adapt to being handled and some will try and avoid it like the plague..
n/a Posted - 01/01/2010 : 16:52:28

reptiledanny Posted - 01/01/2010 : 10:13:10
i didn't mean it like that, i just meant that some will be skitish and other will love handling.
gingerpony Posted - 31/12/2009 : 21:12:27
quote:

if they were always handled then they would be really calm, if they were never handled then they would be really nasty.

rubbish!!

when i first got my caramel she was very skittish, turns out she was just damn hungry! didn't bother handling her for months and months. now she's the most chilled out corn and i still only handle her about once a month to get her in and out of a tub for cleaning and never have any problems.

same with the anery motley i bought off biglad, was told she was a bit skittish and had had a nip once, and true she was very full of it when i initially handled her before buying her but with minimal interaction again she's a really chilled girl now.........

IMO it's their start in life that matters NOT how much you handle them as juvies/adults particularly (if you're an experienced keeper competant in handling them)
reptiledanny Posted - 31/12/2009 : 17:07:13
thats what i thought, if they were always handled then they would be really calm, if they were never handled then they would be really nasty.
Kehhlyr Posted - 31/12/2009 : 16:53:21
Out of all of my snakes, the Anery corn is the one that is more grumpy than the others.

I don't believe for one second that different morphs have different behavioural patterns, it's purely how they are looked after that makes them develop the 'attitudes' that they can potentially have.

reptiledanny Posted - 31/12/2009 : 16:30:09
im the stroppy teen.
HannahB Posted - 31/12/2009 : 16:10:02
i think its just down to the snakes individual personalities.. like teenagers i guess.. some are stroppy and a nightmare but others are little angels and a pleasure to converse with
reptiledanny Posted - 31/12/2009 : 15:25:57
i don't really believe it but shop sed it was true.
Paul Hume Posted - 31/12/2009 : 15:00:51
Oooh, well I think I may find out lol, I have had Tiny (Carol) for a while now and just bought Snowy (Snow) today, she handled fine in the shop and when I put her in her Rub so we shall wait and see.
gingerpony Posted - 31/12/2009 : 12:54:19
from my experience i wouldn't agree with that at all.......
reptiledanny Posted - 31/12/2009 : 10:32:14
thats wat i got told, the ones with red eues are more grumpy and twitchy cuz the red eyes couze them to not see as well as they would with dark eyes.
HannahB Posted - 30/12/2009 : 22:30:00
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

i personally think stripes can be a bit quick but i'm pretty sure its all in my head

characters and temperaments vary with the individual and their experiences of being handled by people

you ovbiously havent met my edison.. refuses to release your fingers unless there is something else for him to hang onto!
gingerpony Posted - 30/12/2009 : 20:36:38
i personally think stripes can be a bit quick but i'm pretty sure its all in my head

characters and temperaments vary with the individual and their experiences of being handled by people
n/a Posted - 30/12/2009 : 18:04:48
I heard that albinos can be a bit more twitchy/grumpy because they can't see as well as other morphs. My snow Luna is definatley more twitchy and sensitive to movement than my Carolina Cranberry....also her last shed was in 4 bits, shes fussy when she eats and wont poop unless we bath her! ahhh! maybe I'm just unlucky lol!
hiper2009 Posted - 30/12/2009 : 15:02:38
I dont see why they should be as there all the same corns just different colours and looks...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000