The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 END OF MY HAPPINESS

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brookestar Posted - 18/12/2009 : 13:28:37
checked on my snakies this morning and all were perfect and ate last night but came home and my baby female patternless has died! im so so gutted and i know i wont find another unless god truly loves me. i really dont know what happen but for some reason it bit itself and obviously couldnt get itself off. if only i checked sooner! i hate myself so much atm.

i want to sorry to fantiki...she found tht snake for me and i feel like i let her down as well by giving the snake such a short life.

R.I.P Greycie
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kizzig Posted - 19/12/2009 : 13:43:59
So sorry to hear of your loss, Brookestar... We're so gutted for you. As the others have said, please don't feel guilty. We're absolutely positive that you've done everything you can for her as everyone can tell how much you love and care for your snakes.

Best wishes during this difficult time...
lee2308 Posted - 19/12/2009 : 13:10:16
sorry to hear that.
Kazerella Posted - 19/12/2009 : 11:02:36
Oh Brookestar that's awful!

Don't feel guilty, it's just one of those things. I would say mites too or severe hunger, as snakes sometimes go for anything that moves when they are hungry, including themselves . But if she fed the night before then it can't be that. Unless she still had the smell of mouse upon her?

Another possibility is a neurological disorder as I've heard some snakes can bite themselves when their brains aren't functioning as they should. If that is the case then there is nothing you could have done anyway.

Don't beat yourself up about it!

Kellog Posted - 19/12/2009 : 05:09:56
Brookestar...I know I cant find the words that will make you feel any better at the moment, it is something you are just going to have to take time to work through and grieve over. I know the loss of any snake is terrible, but for it to be that one and in that way is just so hard to take.

You must not feel guilty (I know, easy words to type but hard to action). There is nothing you could have done, even if you had checked it earlier it might have been too late, or might have happened after you walked out of room. It has happened and beating yourself up about it will only make you feel worse. You know in your head that you are a fantastic and experienced snake owner and that your snakes are blessed to be cared for by you...it is just your heart is broken at the moment, but it will heal and you mustnt let it crowd out what you know you are - a snake lover who does everything she can for her snakes.

These things happen, we cant explain them, we cant change them. Unfortunately you have to learn to live with them.

You are in my thoughts and prayers Brookestar.

xxx
n/a Posted - 18/12/2009 : 22:46:02
arrr brookestar really sorry about your little female patternless thats so sad.
n/a Posted - 18/12/2009 : 21:59:55
Sorry for your loss Brookestar. You said they had just been fed, is there any chance the little one got the sent off the pinkies on it? That's something that may have caused it to bite itself.
reptiledanny Posted - 18/12/2009 : 20:45:13
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

quote:
dislike of itself.

Sorry Danny, but it's not really an appropriate thread for a joke right now.

im not trying to cause a fuss, but i now wat it is like to loose a loved pet. i know that someone trying to make me laugh wen i lost mine would had helped. sorry but...
Brookestar Posted - 18/12/2009 : 20:33:40
no checked for mites first thing but couldnt see anything
Blackecho Posted - 18/12/2009 : 19:45:52
Any sign of mites?

Its the only thing I can think of right now.

Sorry for your loss.
Sammysnake Posted - 18/12/2009 : 19:40:06
quote:
dislike of itself.

Sorry Danny, but it's not really an appropriate thread for a joke right now.

Brookstar, I am so sorry. For this to happen to any one of your snakes would be incredibly sad but it's magnified by all your plans and dreams for the breeding programme being lost for now. I have no idea why this happened but just want to echo SexyBear's comment that no one can question how much you care for your animals. It's a horrible situation to be in and hopefully a very rare one.

Big hugs...
hiper2009 Posted - 18/12/2009 : 19:26:51
Sorry to hear that mate , Do you know why it bit its self ? Was it hungry or something ?
reptiledanny Posted - 18/12/2009 : 19:14:34
dislike of itself.
Brookestar Posted - 18/12/2009 : 18:49:44
what would?
hillzi Posted - 18/12/2009 : 18:38:51
It wouldn't have caused it to bite herself.

Brookestar Posted - 18/12/2009 : 16:45:48
cheers everyone but in all fairness the viv was probs too small for it. just ordered a viv for it but guess i wont be needing tht now
HannahB Posted - 18/12/2009 : 16:02:07
aw brookie am gutted for you
but seriously dont blame yourself.. its not your fault so dont be so hard on yourself
hillzi Posted - 18/12/2009 : 15:28:17
Sorry mate!! it sucks I know but it's not your fault.

*insert ruder word* poo happens. natural selection and all that.

Cheer up soon pal.
reptiledanny Posted - 18/12/2009 : 14:50:07
i am so sorry. after a all that talk we all had about you breeding. them
don't blame yourself, things happen. i kind of know wat it is like to loose a snake.
n/a Posted - 18/12/2009 : 14:43:49
im so sorry to hear about this

i agree with SexyBear77, you really musnt blame yourself,these things just sometimes happen
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 18/12/2009 : 14:27:34
Wow im very sorry to hear the loss of your little snakie

How could it of bit itself though?

Poor little mite

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000