The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Scary Cornelius

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nazzle Posted - 10/12/2009 : 19:55:48
Cornelius has just scared the life out of me! He's normally really placid and greedy, the mouse doesn't get chance to hit the ground. Today he looked like he was stalking it, so I wiggled his mouse slowly away from him and he let out the loudest hiss I've ever heard and struck into mid air, not close to the mouse or the tongs, but in my general direction. He looked very sheepish when he came back for the mouse, dragged it under some plastic plants and slowly ate it. My colleauge went literally white, she's meant to be doing the next feed while I'm on leave!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 12/12/2009 : 05:27:18
I am so sorry for the loss of your chipmunk, that must have been distressing. But Chrissy is right, animals do pick up on our feelings...especially our fears and stresses. It could be that Cornelius' missed strike has put you on edge and now all this is happening. I am afraid that it is also life....it is never just one thing that goes wrong! All you can do is try not to worry, which I know is easier said than done. You just have to get through each day, refeed your hatchling after a good recovery period, keep trying with your beardie...and look forward to your hols!

xxx
n/a Posted - 11/12/2009 : 15:11:24
quote:
Originally posted by Nazzle

Having a rubbish week with the animals, think they sense I'm going to be off work for a few weeks. A chipmunk has died, a hatchling regurged, the beardie won't eat anything with nutrobal on... They must be trying to make sure I'm stressed over my hols!

does'nt sound like a very enjoyable week for your good self! dont worry too much about it all, the more you worry the more they will sense it which will make them worse lol.. enjoy your time off work!
lmfastcars Posted - 11/12/2009 : 14:44:16
try not to worry, im sure everything will be fine, enjoy your holiday
Nazzle Posted - 11/12/2009 : 13:06:17
Having a rubbish week with the animals, think they sense I'm going to be off work for a few weeks. A chipmunk has died, a hatchling regurged, the beardie won't eat anything with nutrobal on... They must be trying to make sure I'm stressed over my hols!
n/a Posted - 10/12/2009 : 20:57:07
i would'nt worry too much about it, every snake has an off day lol
sometimes they aim where they last saw the mouse, so he may have seen it near you and prepared to strike, you moved it away from him but he struck thinking it was still there .. corns are not the brightest crayons in the box

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000