The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 exo terra are not escape proof

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 09/12/2009 : 20:39:48
i have a crested gecko in the 12x12x18 exo terra and they are not escape proof. i put 3 crickets in her tank and one of them climbed to the top and climbed out the top were the cables go in. the little slidey thing was shut full and it still managed to escape. i caught it and put it int the cage again but i was annoyed. how many crickets have escaped or has luna eaten them?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kizzig Posted - 11/12/2009 : 08:18:42
We use kitchen roll to block them up
Paulusworm Posted - 10/12/2009 : 18:50:42
Blue tac works a treat .
eeji Posted - 10/12/2009 : 13:45:21
i used to have a pair of frogs in an exo terra and the amount of crix that got out or hid behind the background was unbelievable. There was even enough escapees to start their own breeding colony in the house (VERY annoying)

i ended up selling the thing for a fiver just to get rid of it
hillzi Posted - 09/12/2009 : 21:52:55
What i did when i had my exo. slide it shut and rammed some kitchen roll in the gap between the hole for cables and if you use it, the exo background.
HannahB Posted - 09/12/2009 : 21:35:21
I have my king in an exo terra and although he is unlikely to fit in the gap at the top (being 4foot long and wider than my thumb) i still shoved a bit of kitchen towel in the gaps just to avoid it happening..
but crickets are smaller and more agile so i would expect them to get to the awkward places, maybe put some kitchen towel in the gaps to avoid it happening again?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000