The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 MISSING SNAKE FOUND!!!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 01/12/2009 : 14:17:20
I have already posted this on thekingsnake.co.uk but im desperate for a response!!

I spotted our Cali King darting back under the floor boards in our bedroom and need to know the safest way to get him if i can find him again!

p.s. I tried to grab him and he is definatley not a happy snake!!!

Please help
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 04/12/2009 : 20:49:10
Aww im sorry, im sure it'l turn up somewhere soon, Jake had been missing for 5 weeks and then just showed up under my bed staring at me!
Stumpy Posted - 04/12/2009 : 16:42:44
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Stumpy, I am so sorry...I didnt realise your little one escaped. Am assuming you are doing all the suggested things to find it?

Hope you do. Keep us informed.

xxx

Traps everywhere checked at every opportunity.
I have now checked 4 Rooms, 2 more to go.
Kellog Posted - 04/12/2009 : 05:06:51
Stumpy, I am so sorry...I didnt realise your little one escaped. Am assuming you are doing all the suggested things to find it?

Hope you do. Keep us informed.

xxx
Stumpy Posted - 04/12/2009 : 02:14:16
My baby got out of its viv through the hole that the probe goes through, as that is the only hole in the viv.
Missing since last week and no sign of it anywhere yet.
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 03/12/2009 : 09:50:06
We think he could be chilling out under the bath somewhere. but there are a lot of holes underneath it as the bath leaked a few years ago and my dad still hasn't got it fixed

I'm sure he'l turn up, we keep leaving the odd mouse out every so often, but we dont see any sign of him and we have our 2 corns to feed so can't keep wasting the mice

Lol Skorps what a naughty snake! Good job you was all hunting for it and taking the house apart! Im doing everything possible to make sure our corns don't escape, if they do the king will have them!!!!!
Kellog Posted - 03/12/2009 : 04:36:41
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

quote:
Originally posted by jakethesnake

have you tried pining masking tape to the floor around the room if he comes out he will stick to it but it will not hurt him

please dont put any type of tape down because if it sticks toa eye then you will cause problems

Definitely no sort of sticky tape, much too dangerous to eyes and even just risk of it sticking to scales and them ripping...

Have you got any hot water pipes running under floorboards? Could choose that area to stay as warmest place to go.

Hope he turns up soon.

xxx
hillzi Posted - 02/12/2009 : 18:39:17
Perhaps put shoeboxes down with mice in them and put them in warm places?

they will look for somewhere warm and dark to digest their meal.
n/a Posted - 02/12/2009 : 16:58:38
When I was little (about 3 years old) friends of ours had a REALLY big snake- I think it was a python or something- and that escaped on the day my Dad was doing their new heating system- Parents/older siblings went round the house pulling up floor boards to try and find Snakey the next day we all went back and carried on the search and I found snakey but only because I dropped something down the floorboards gap- put my head down the gap and ended up looking eye to eye with snakey- Gave me a bit of a shock! Snakey was wrapped round a joist on the 3rd floor!
Naughty Snakey!
xx
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 02/12/2009 : 15:38:02
our masking tape is that rubbish it doesnt even stick to itself haha! i want him caught but i dont want to hurt him, Danny keeps joking saying he's going to squish the little sod for escaping hehehe im sure we'll get him one way or another
lee2308 Posted - 02/12/2009 : 13:10:50
quote:
Originally posted by jakethesnake

have you tried pining masking tape to the floor around the room if he comes out he will stick to it but it will not hurt him

please dont put any type of tape down because if it sticks toa eye then you will cause problems
n/a Posted - 02/12/2009 : 09:43:00
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 02/12/2009 : 09:29:44
Still no sign of him

We have left water and a mouse out over night to see if he came back, but i might have scared him away a bit when i took the floorboards up.

He's only about 16" long, he looked well though i don't know if he's found anything to eat down there hehe!

I'm glad he's alive though, just want to get him out so we can put our bedroom back to normal, at least we know if we lay the floor back down he can still get back into the room, as was proved when he used our Rockband Drumkit to help him shed!!!!
Kellog Posted - 02/12/2009 : 02:54:20
Any more sign of him? Are you sure that he cannot get out of the room bu going under the floor? At least you know where he is and that he is alive. I know it is frustrating but it is better than him going missing and you not having any idea where he is and whether he is alive or dead. Have you got water out for him to drink?

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 01/12/2009 : 23:39:32
Even if he is a bit nibbly after getting him back, it shouldn't take to long to chill him a bit again.
n/a Posted - 01/12/2009 : 22:33:51
Got him out yet?

How big is he?

lmfastcars Posted - 01/12/2009 : 17:55:35
lol remember to use the hair dryer on a cool temp;) Dont want mouseys brains on your floor
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 01/12/2009 : 16:12:06
He's a crafty one i'll hand that to him! lol
Never thought of using a hair dryer! Although i'm not sure of his exact location, he must be pretty scared with all the noise of me taking the floor up hehe
kizzig Posted - 01/12/2009 : 16:04:20
Cheeky little so and so! Still, at least you know where he's been hiding! Best of luck with catching him following his nom noms, can't wait to hear how you get on.

Bet he's been waiting until you're tucked up in bed before venturing out!
lee2308 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 16:04:09
he will be fine once hes settled,try using a hair dryer to blow the scent of the mouse under the floor boards
Jo-And-Danny Posted - 01/12/2009 : 15:47:18
The floor is up, the door is closed and the dinner is served! when he went missing we left the floor up for a week and there was no sign of him, but he's managed to get in and out even with the floor down, and i noticed when i moved the bed that he had been out to shed!
The cheeky sod has been out in the room more than once! I hope he isn't too nasty when we get hold of him, i'd hate to have to find a new home for him if we can't handle him anymore

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000