The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 corn age size help????

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 30/11/2009 : 21:14:06
I have been told by the friend who gave me the female corn, that she no more than 16-18 months.....
shessss hugeeee if she is this age!!
the shop said he would think she 2-3 years old, my partner said my mate is lying, yet shes never lyed about anything lol, i had enough of the silly bickering about size and age of cuddles, i could do with a bit of advice, as im fed up of being in the middle.....

i dont really care how old she is as i loves her loads

but heres a pic, she is just over 3 and half foot, and ive not weighed her yet :))))

20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 17/12/2009 : 05:09:23
Ok, if you have a snake that is supposedly about 3yrs old....definitely older that 2yrs....about 3 and a half foot and weight 210g, would the age of the snake be wrong or is it underweight or ok?

xxx
solid Posted - 16/12/2009 : 19:44:42
my lads :

solid - born july last year, 38" 310 grams
ocelot - born august last year, 36" 241 grams
liquid around 1 year old now, 31" 162 grams

i`d probably go with 2-3 years for yours as well
HannahB Posted - 16/12/2009 : 17:41:23
yeah its 10% you subtract to roughly work out her length
SexyBear77 Posted - 16/12/2009 : 12:01:59
Shed skin stretches so You need to subtract part of the total length- I cant remember how much it is, maybe 10%? but I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong!
n/a Posted - 16/12/2009 : 11:58:37
well now she has shedded ive had the chance to propperly measure her skin thats just shed, and she to my supprise is 4 ft 8inches, bit shocked as she is 6 inches bigger than i thought
im well chuffed

clare
n/a Posted - 04/12/2009 : 17:23:54
Deffo about 3+ and a beast at that. Beautiful.
n/a Posted - 04/12/2009 : 14:01:34
cheers peeps, wicked help ur all being :)
Kellog Posted - 04/12/2009 : 13:28:16
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

[i feed my females 2 regular mice a week, and my males have a jumbo/XL/ex-breeder mouse every 14 days as their metabolism tends to be slower than the girls...

That is what Kellog is on GP, and he certainly isnt overweight but does still seem to be growing longer. He is fed every 10 days at the moment. Will it stay at that size of mouse and space of feed, or does it need upping at all?

xxx
gingerpony Posted - 04/12/2009 : 12:28:06
and to visually monitor her weight you shouldn't be able to see skin between her scales..........and she should feel muscular rather than squishy
gingerpony Posted - 04/12/2009 : 12:26:50
as above then, 2 regular a week, this will be easier for her to digest than one jumbo/XL. to keep her weight down maybe every few weeks offer her just one mouse, and use shedding as a good (and more natural) excuse to skip a feed BUT do monitor her weight andadjust feeding accordingly. my fully grown adult females are 350-550g on average
n/a Posted - 04/12/2009 : 08:14:18
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

quote:
Originally posted by female species

i went to reptile shop and asked advice, and he said try a jumbo mouse every 7 days, so she has been on that for 3 weeks now, im hoping this will help with the porkiness hahahaha
another friend of mine did surgest feeding her every 7-10 days, but i thought id find a forum to help with advice on it :)

do you know if your corn is male or female?
i feed my females 2 regular mice a week, and my males have a jumbo/XL/ex-breeder mouse every 14 days as their metabolism tends to be slower than the girls...

sounds like you're doing everything right though hun [;0]

she is defo, a she haha
gingerpony Posted - 03/12/2009 : 22:01:05
quote:
Originally posted by female species

i went to reptile shop and asked advice, and he said try a jumbo mouse every 7 days, so she has been on that for 3 weeks now, im hoping this will help with the porkiness hahahaha
another friend of mine did surgest feeding her every 7-10 days, but i thought id find a forum to help with advice on it :)

do you know if your corn is male or female?
i feed my females 2 regular mice a week, and my males have a jumbo/XL/ex-breeder mouse every 14 days as their metabolism tends to be slower than the girls...

sounds like you're doing everything right though hun
Kellog Posted - 03/12/2009 : 04:07:17
Kellog is on one jumbo mouse every 10 days and doesnt look at all overweight (I dont think).

xxx
n/a Posted - 02/12/2009 : 20:09:23
i thought she was over weight, she was being fed on a wed and then again on a sunday a adult mouse, so 2 adult mouse a week, but now i got her, i went to reptile shop and asked advice, and he said try a jumbo mouse every 7 days, so she has been on that for 3 weeks now, im hoping this will help with the porkiness hahahaha
gingerpony Posted - 02/12/2009 : 20:05:03
my adult 4 year+ males are around 5ft and 750g and my female of the same age is around 550g.

i hope you don't mind but i would say s/he's a little bit porky..........for a 4ft snake..............what was the previous owner feeding her on and what's his/her diet now with you?

(really hope you're not offended!!)
n/a Posted - 02/12/2009 : 10:01:43
that puts things into perspective loads more for me, as ive just weighed her and she weighs 708 grams and is 4ft 2 and half inches :)))
Kellog Posted - 02/12/2009 : 02:43:24
Kellog is just over 4' feet, weighs just over 700g and is appro 4yrs 4months...if that helps.

xxx
n/a Posted - 02/12/2009 : 00:45:59
we measured her recently, and i think she it nearly 4 ft, im going to be measuring her tomorow again, and keeping a chart from now on :)))
n/a Posted - 01/12/2009 : 19:02:56
Thats My corn's Name... Phytonic Fireayra.

Cats name is Cheetara

quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

quote:
Originally posted by Roguescott

Wow I like, Looks Like Phytonic Fireayra

wat is that?

hiper2009 Posted - 01/12/2009 : 18:38:16
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

i now wat you mean. the first pic looks like she is about 2-3ft then the second pic looks like she is about 4 ft

Id say she looks about 3ft and a few inches

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000