The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 feeding

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 12:40:46
when feeding a snake is there any tips because flake is a big eater bit will only eat in certan places in all the 1 week i have had him he hasen fed and he was ment to have a large mouse on monday but never took it so is thare any tips u guys can give me i have also been told of the guy in the pet shop it is hibernation season so he might not take it but i think he prob will because i have been told as well he is a grubber so any help will be apprecceted thanks kieran
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 27/11/2009 : 14:48:26
as gmac said......first of all read this http://www.thecornsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4133

and if a shop tells you your snake hibernates i don't think much of the shop
gmac Posted - 27/11/2009 : 14:42:34
If you have only had him a week he may have been stressed from the move so unlikely to take a feed, when you get a snake they should be left for a week with no handling and no feeding this will allow time to settle, I would suggest you try feeding him again normally when the week is over, as he should be settled in by then.
There are also other factors to consider like is he in shed or are viv temps correct, if he has only missed 1 meal this is nothing really to worry about.
lmfastcars Posted - 27/11/2009 : 14:09:21
Get a fine needle and puncture the mice skull which will release a brain fluid that hopefully will attract the snake. Make sure the needle is thin and Very clean. You could also try dangling it infront of the snake if you havent already. Warming the mouse up sometimes temps them into eating. Best of luck! .

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000