The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Goodbye Marlene??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nuttyasha Posted - 26/11/2009 : 19:45:02
Not sure if anyone remembers me posting about Marlene being back in the shop and being assist fed, well the woman that was assist feeding her took her home and everytime i went to the shop to get her back, she told me that she was not feeding so i was in a no win situation. As i did not know where this woman lived i could not go and bring my snake home.

Anyway i went to the shop on saturday to find that the woman has left the shop without any notice, but she still has Marlene and is not answering phone calls to her phone or e-mails sent to her.

The manager at the shop has kindly offered us another hatchling in replacement for Marlene but it's not the same. Marlene was the first snake that i got for myself, so its a bit upsetting.

Does anyone have any advice on where i shall take it from here and also will i ever see my snake again
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 28/11/2009 : 12:33:08
omg i hope you get somewhere with the police,
try and get a story or similar in the local paper, someone might be able to help you track her down,
the shop should have records of her name and if it were me i would be pestering them to help you track her down,
why did she have to take marlene home with her? the shop i go to keeps all the non feeders with the hatchies for sale so that the owners can come in whenever and see them,

really hope you get her back *hugs*
Brookestar Posted - 27/11/2009 : 22:46:37
all these ideas sound worthwhile tbh. if someone STOLE my snake i would do everything i could. someone out there knows who she is
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 22:16:42
you could ask for the address but more then likely wont get it due to data pro act, because then the shop is breaking the law. but the woman might be able to get done for theft bydeception.
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 22:00:29
If this happened to me I would be outraged, actually I'm outraged that it has happened at all!
The shop must have an address for the woman, tell the shop manager that you don't want to cause trouble but you will be forced to involve the police and the local papers in order to get your snake back, however, you would prefer to sort it 'ammicably' yourself and request that she gives you the address.
If you get the address, take someone with you and go round to the house and politely demand your snake.
If you don't get the address, then I would go to the police, even if it doesn't do much good it is worth a shot..
Good luck
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 20:24:02
Law.JustAnswer.com i have just found this it may be of some help. if the police wont help and the local papers wont. go to the mail or something like them they would go for it. i hope everything goes well and you get her back.
hillzi Posted - 27/11/2009 : 20:07:48
Good idea, i'd go to your local press.

Also, go into the shop, i wonder if you could threaten them with trading standards?
n/a Posted - 27/11/2009 : 20:04:03
i no it may sound like a silly idea but have u thought about going to ur local rag, they would more then likely print ur story, because there may be others out there that this may have happened. if it is not a scam then it may give the owner of the shop a kick up the bum to go round to her house. because it will look bad on the shop that one of their workers have taken a snake (theft of snake). shops like these need to keep a good name or ppl will stop shopping there. only an idea.
hillzi Posted - 27/11/2009 : 19:47:51
Oh my god thats terrible!

Try putting it up on the darkside, bound to get more up on it.
gingerpony Posted - 27/11/2009 : 19:37:11
good luch Phil! if you find her i'm sure us Yorkshire lot will help you physically retrieve Marlene
Kehhlyr Posted - 27/11/2009 : 18:25:40
quote:
Originally posted by Nuttyasha

Thanks guys... The shop address is..

Waterlife Research Industries Ltd.
Bath Road, Longford,
Middlesex. UB7 0ED

I have no problem with the shop at all i think that it is a great shop and all the remaining staff are great and very helpful. This is the only place i use to buy live stock as i feel they care for their reptiles properly.

All i know about the woman is that her name is Ali.

Was that the actual shop that she used to work at??
The one near heathrow??
You also said she is not answering emails or phone calls, can you email me with the contact info you have for her. Cheers.
lmfastcars Posted - 27/11/2009 : 14:17:11
Id feel lost aswell if my snake whent missing. Im sorry that some people are evil enoguh to do that =[
reptiledanny Posted - 27/11/2009 : 09:28:03
i am so sorry for your loss. all things crossed to hope that you get her back. police issue. . you might just have to cheer your self up by buying a new one.
Nuttyasha Posted - 27/11/2009 : 08:00:56
Thanks guys... The shop address is..

Waterlife Research Industries Ltd.
Bath Road, Longford,
Middlesex. UB7 0ED

I have no problem with the shop at all i think that it is a great shop and all the remaining staff are great and very helpful. This is the only place i use to buy live stock as i feel they care for their reptiles properly.

All i know about the woman is that her name is Ali.
Kellog Posted - 27/11/2009 : 05:07:48
Please do what Kehhlyr says Nuttyasha, he is right that this is theft of an exotic animal and should be reported to the police. Get as much paperwork regarding Marlene as possible, especially pics. Kehhlyr is great at digging out info on people so he can help you build a case to take to police and might be worth contacting local RSPCA to see what they think and warn them about it.

I am so sorry....I know how much Marlene means to you.

xxx
Kehhlyr Posted - 27/11/2009 : 01:29:14
quote:
Originally posted by Nuttyasha

Not sure if anyone remembers me posting about Marlene being back in the shop and being assist fed, well the woman that was assist feeding her took her home and everytime i went to the shop to get her back, she told me that she was not feeding so i was in a no win situation. As i did not know where this woman lived i could not go and bring my snake home.

Anyway i went to the shop on saturday to find that the woman has left the shop without any notice, but she still has Marlene and is not answering phone calls to her phone or e-mails sent to her.

The manager at the shop has kindly offered us another hatchling in replacement for Marlene but it's not the same. Marlene was the first snake that i got for myself, so its a bit upsetting.

Does anyone have any advice on where i shall take it from here and also will i ever see my snake again

Can you give me the info on the shop, the name etc.
and as much info about the woman as possible, I shall see If I can dig anything up to help as well.

As much info as you can give the police, the better.
It is theft, no quibbles about that AND because it's theft of an exotic animal, then they can actually do more than the theft of a dog for example.

Jennet Posted - 26/11/2009 : 20:16:39
Please do try the police before you write this one off. This is actually theft.

If you brought Marlene from a shop, they should have employment records, and should have an address or at the very least, this persons national insurance number, which the police could use to trace the person (if they have the time and resources available).

It is likely to be difficult though, especially if you do not have purchase records for this snake... and I imagine, like most of us here, you would not have thought to ask for a receipt when you took Marlene back into the shop (how many of us would have suspected this may happen)!!.... however, if this is some kind of scam that the shop is working, hopefully someone else will have perhaps reported something similar before... just a thought...

Best of luck, and safe hugs sweetie..... it really must be awful for you...
SexyBear77 Posted - 26/11/2009 : 20:09:03
Surely the shop should have their employees names and addresses, in which case get the police round there! Hope you get Marlene back soon! x
n/a Posted - 26/11/2009 : 20:05:54
I'd start at your local CAB
http://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/
You can search for your local one there, I think its a post code/town search.
Has the manager called the woman? Or is it your calls/emails that she is avoiding?
xxx

PunkAsF82 Posted - 26/11/2009 : 19:55:57
omg that sucsk! yeh GP's right unfortunatly. They wouldn't be interested. But it's always worth a try! So sorry hun
gingerpony Posted - 26/11/2009 : 19:48:22
very tough one hun and i'm sorry to hear about it *hugs*

i suppose technically it's theft but i doubt the police would be interested in the slightest

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000