The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 frozen food

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
reptiledanny Posted - 23/11/2009 : 17:53:08
does forzen food for our corns ever go off. just wondering as in if i buy 50 fuzzies and feed one a week that will last me all year near enough. will it ever goo off.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
devilsmistress Posted - 23/11/2009 : 19:54:01
I buy in bulk off of my friend as she is a breeder she puts my order on with hers! I got a bag of 100 small fuzzys for £23! I know im not going to use them all, but It still works out cheaper than geting from the shop! Any left I will do like I did for my pinkys, and sell them on!
reptiledanny Posted - 23/11/2009 : 18:41:41
thats a good idea, unfortunatly noone i now has a snake, i only now one other person in my area that has reps and has 2 beardies, don't think he wants any frozen mice?
Tizzy Posted - 23/11/2009 : 18:39:33
quote:
Originally posted by reptiledanny

what do you mean by "freezer burn" and also you can buy in bulk cuz you have like 15 snakes. i only have 1 snake so 3 months would be like 12 to 15 fuzzies.

Sometimes, especially if the bag of box your mice are in isn't 100% sealed, they get funny white patches on them, thats freezer burn. It shouldn't harm your snake if the mice are defrosted properly but it's also happened to my fave pork and red oniion sausages and when i cooked them they were all hard on the ends .

I know what you mean about it being more worthwhile to buy in bulk when you have more snakes, ordering online works out roughly half the price of my local rep shop (before P&P) why not find out if anyone local to you wants to share an order/bulk bag with you??
reptiledanny Posted - 23/11/2009 : 18:21:10
what do you mean by "freezer burn" and also you can buy in bulk cuz you have like 15 snakes. i only have 1 snake so 3 months would be like 12 to 15 fuzzies.
Tizzy Posted - 23/11/2009 : 18:15:49
What you also have to concider is that your snake probably won't be on Fuzzies a year from now, i buy in bulk but never more that 3 months(ish) worth at a time. That way i can adjust sizes as necessary and it reduced the chance of frezzer burn too.
matty18714 Posted - 23/11/2009 : 18:09:41
I would probably have no problems with that myself, aslong as they are kept completely frozen the whole time.

Edit - Though I have never looked into it.
lmfastcars Posted - 23/11/2009 : 17:55:56
When i broguht my mice from the shop they said that they could go off but im not too certain on how long it takes. I brought about 25 mice and i think he said they might go off after about 4 monthsor so but ill leave it too an expert to properly asnswe your question.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000