The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 OK SO KAZ THINKS SHES THE QUEEN OF THE BARGAINS!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
liverpoolmadman Posted - 14/11/2009 : 13:37:19
RIGHT GUYS AND GIRLIES, LISTEN UP CAREFULLY, KAZ HUN you are no longer the QUEEN of the Bargains, I have been having problems with my snakes feeding and have been advised that it could be due to the change in the seasons and the days getting shorter, CLEVER LIL B*GGERS these snakes arent they, My pet shop owner said possibly putting a light in the viv might stimulate them to eat as they will think there in summer time (NOT THAT CLEVER THEN HEY lol) so on research I found that viv lights and bulb holders were extremely expensive soooo my OH (A SOUTHERNER DONT BLAME HER SHE CANT HELP IT) has found a PLASTIC NON BREAKABLE light that she was using in the cupboard in the hall to look into the chest freezer it has a sticky backing and uses rechargeable batteries. I have stuck it to the side of the viv and because the bulb is plastic its GUARANTEED not to get HOT and WHOOO HOOO the snakies are goin nuts in the viv now, ok they are still yet to feed but GUYS IF YOUR SHORT OF CASH GO TO POUNDLAND AND GET ONE FOR YOUR VIV OR 2 IF YOU WANT and trust me its been on for 2hrs now and its almost cold but is still giving the viv light im seriously thinking of putting one at the other end of the viv and maybe one on the roof of the viv, If you take a look in a bit I will post piccys of what im on about in the PHOTO'S SECTION im sure LEWY OR KAZ or one of the MODS will remove it and post it to the right thread if im posting in the wrong section.

APOLOGIES FOR THE LONG POST BUT THOUGHT YOU ALL MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW MY BARGAIN OF THE DAY!!!! WEEK MONTH PROBABLY THE YEAR
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hillzi Posted - 18/11/2009 : 20:57:08
Good, ya got your girl onto good habits.

The killer rabbit LOL.
Jennet Posted - 18/11/2009 : 20:52:00
I brought 'the grail' about a year ago, and my 17 year old daughter still gets her friends to watch it when they come round....no accoutin' fer taste!
hillzi Posted - 17/11/2009 : 10:22:25
Monty Python is quality! 'Ni'.
Sammysnake Posted - 17/11/2009 : 07:15:10
Found it! If anyone's interested, look up 'Monty Python - Four Yorkshiremen' on YouTube. It starts with four rich men in white suits sitting on conservatory furniture talking about the old days when they were poor.
Kellog Posted - 17/11/2009 : 04:19:07
Two Ronnies??

xxx
Sammysnake Posted - 16/11/2009 : 08:32:26
quote:
wat??? im a teen and that just sounds strange

It's from a very old comedy sketch with two northern blokes who keep trying to outdo each other on how poor they were when they were growing up. Their claims just keep getting more and more extreme - it's actually really funny. I might try to look for it if I can.

Does anyone remember who did it? Might have been Monty Python, it's that type of thing.
hillzi Posted - 15/11/2009 : 13:27:02
Haha Impressive there LPMM, But I think bagging a stat worth £50 for £19 tops that..

reptiledanny Posted - 15/11/2009 : 08:31:29
wat??? im a teen and that just sounds strange
Sammysnake Posted - 15/11/2009 : 06:20:12
You 'ad drawers Jennet? You were well rich! When I were a lass we were so poor we 'ad t'sleep in a cardboard box int middle o'road using snake t'catch mice for us tea.....

This could go on and on (all the teenagers are now going whaaat??)
Jennet Posted - 14/11/2009 : 23:31:23
Well back in mah dey, we used drawers fer keepin em in, wi a bit o board an' string fer a lid, newspaeper f'beddin, 'n mouse outa traps fer feedin'.... all in all yow'd still cum awa' wi change outa happorth, and that was when yow'd bought t'snaeke!
Sammysnake Posted - 14/11/2009 : 22:36:58
Talk about inflation - I remember when there used to be 50p shops
HannahB Posted - 14/11/2009 : 19:48:01
theres a 97p shop in skeggy...
lee2308 Posted - 14/11/2009 : 19:27:31
quote:
Originally posted by Kazerella

You can't beat Poundshop for snakey bargains!

you can,we have a 99p store down here,even cheaper
devilsmistress Posted - 14/11/2009 : 14:49:36
When I convert my unit, for lighting as Im only going to use it for cleaning, Im going to get theose touch led lights as they dont get hot, and I think I can make a nice affect with them to!!!
But love your Idea to!! Nice cheap bargin to!
Mnementh Posted - 14/11/2009 : 14:07:27
Thats great .
With my snakes all being mainly in rubs I have 2 or 3 of those little round plastic lights stuck to the underside of the shelfs above , just press them in and they come on , not the big versions , these are very small with what look like halogen lights inside , fairly bright for the size and use batteries .
These too were from the pound shop , dont know if they sell them still , had these for a couple of years .
liverpoolmadman Posted - 14/11/2009 : 14:03:14
ok guys re: below heres what im talking about sorry about the quality of the piccys been taken on my mobile phone

quote:
Originally posted by liverpoolmadman

RIGHT GUYS AND GIRLIES, LISTEN UP CAREFULLY, KAZ HUN you are no longer the QUEEN of the Bargains, I have been having problems with my snakes feeding and have been advised that it could be due to the change in the seasons and the days getting shorter, CLEVER LIL B*GGERS these snakes arent they, My pet shop owner said possibly putting a light in the viv might stimulate them to eat as they will think there in summer time (NOT THAT CLEVER THEN HEY lol) so on research I found that viv lights and bulb holders were extremely expensive soooo my OH (A SOUTHERNER DONT BLAME HER SHE CANT HELP IT) has found a PLASTIC NON BREAKABLE light that she was using in the cupboard in the hall to look into the chest freezer it has a sticky backing and uses rechargeable batteries. I have stuck it to the side of the viv and because the bulb is plastic its GUARANTEED not to get HOT and WHOOO HOOO the snakies are goin nuts in the viv now, ok they are still yet to feed but GUYS IF YOUR SHORT OF CASH GO TO POUNDLAND AND GET ONE FOR YOUR VIV OR 2 IF YOU WANT and trust me its been on for 2hrs now and its almost cold but is still giving the viv light im seriously thinking of putting one at the other end of the viv and maybe one on the roof of the viv, If you take a look in a bit I will post piccys of what im on about in the PHOTO'S SECTION im sure LEWY OR KAZ or one of the MODS will remove it and post it to the right thread if im posting in the wrong section.

APOLOGIES FOR THE LONG POST BUT THOUGHT YOU ALL MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW MY BARGAIN OF THE DAY!!!! WEEK MONTH PROBABLY THE YEAR

Kazerella Posted - 14/11/2009 : 13:42:32
You can't beat Poundshop for snakey bargains!

I don't think you can take the title though until you beat me for cheap snake weighing scales (50p) and cheaper cricket keepers (£1 each).

Post the pics here if you like LPMM

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000