The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 What if...?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/11/2009 : 17:44:38
I haven't actually been bitten by a snake *touch wood* but if my corn gets how would i go about getting it off? I know i cant pull. but how ?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HannahB Posted - 09/11/2009 : 19:01:34
Little One stuck out at me the 2nd day i had him and he left 4 puncture marks about 1.5inches apart on my hand with a bit of bloodshed.. was more a surprise than painful and it was over before i could say ouch! Zero the blizzard struck at me and that scared the heebies outa me.. at least with L.O I can see where he is and see what sort of mood hes in but with Zero as hes so small its hard to see where he is which is a little offputting!!
n/a Posted - 09/11/2009 : 18:13:36
my snake bit my friend today, he was ok with it as he has a ball python lol! didnt make him bleed so it was all good!
x
Kazerella Posted - 04/11/2009 : 10:18:33
I just think you must be tasty Dan - everyone else hoggy just likes headbutting and making a smell

Saying that though I did buy an anti-venom scringe from Poundshop last week, just in case Wilbur ever manages to bite Lewy. Lewy got stung by a wasp last year and he ended up visiting hospital with an arm like Popeye's, so who knows what hoggy venom might do to him
Kellog Posted - 03/11/2009 : 23:49:49
It is a real shame...although Kellog has no history of biting my daughter is still very hesitant about handling him. When we first got him she seemed fine but I think she has taken on the feelings of a lot of her friends - whose first reaction is fear and disgust. So sad.

xxx
matty18714 Posted - 03/11/2009 : 20:44:42
quote:
Originally posted by BlueTongueDan

he literally bit me and within seconds had his fangs in my finger

This is a good point. It seems alot of people see "rear fanged" which has started this myth that they need to chew on you for ages before they can get their fangs in. Anyone who has seen the inside of a hoggies mouth knows this is not true.
BlueTongueDan Posted - 03/11/2009 : 20:34:24
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

Great photo Dan. Was it on long enough to use the fangs? If so was it a dry bite do you think?

I dont know how people can say its 'almost impossible to be bitten by a hognose' because he literally bit me and withing seconds had his fangs in my finger, Thats when it started hurting and I had to put the camera down, lol.
No after effects what so ever.
He's had me twice now and I think they were both feeding responses. As both times I had been handling him for a little while and then for no reason he just nudged his nose into finger and opened his mouth. Exactly what he does when I give him a mouse.

Ouch! Nice bite, Bengy
n/a Posted - 03/11/2009 : 19:40:09
I know royals are lazy but they're not boring! HAHA!
n/a Posted - 03/11/2009 : 19:39:09
Yes it was sore! That was few days after, you can probably tell as bruise went yellow, but morning after it happened it was very blue & purple and felt like he bit into my bicep muscle cuz the arm felt dead!

I'm not a whimp but it was right in a sensitive area of flesh!
matty18714 Posted - 03/11/2009 : 19:38:27
Great photo Dan. Was it on long enough to use the fangs? If so was it a dry bite do you think?
hillzi Posted - 03/11/2009 : 19:30:03
She's a minx.

LOL Dan! 'mm hooman tasteh' Shame when it was bathtime I didn't have my phone on and ready, got a right chomper!

Lewy Posted - 03/11/2009 : 19:17:46
BTD - Kaz has nicked one of your pictures AGAIN

n/a Posted - 03/11/2009 : 18:57:43
BTD, was that a dry bite?

Looks well latched on.
kizzig Posted - 03/11/2009 : 18:54:01
Bengy, that looks really sore!

And BTD, watch out! That hoggie will take your whole arm off! Lol!
BlueTongueDan Posted - 03/11/2009 : 18:35:34
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr

quote:
Originally posted by BlueTongueDan

A king however, thats a case of waiting for them to get bored/realise your not edible. (Though thats just based on one King ive been had by a good few times)

Did you get pics like this though: http://www.thekingsnake.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=569

If anyone has any quibbles about tiny snake bites, then don't follow that link.

Props to 'Fergie' for having the sensibility to take photos.

LOL! Thats great!
No pics of king bites, but I was ready when my Hoggie decided to have a go

matty18714 Posted - 03/11/2009 : 18:29:29
Royals are great!
n/a Posted - 03/11/2009 : 18:15:25
I agree, Tizzy.

Short, fat, lazy, boring, slow and apparently evil bloody snakes! haha
Tizzy Posted - 03/11/2009 : 16:13:10
Ouch - So thats it confirmed - Royals are Boring AND Evil *runs to duck from incoming rotten veg attack*
n/a Posted - 03/11/2009 : 13:46:35
Not a corn (she wouldn't hurt any one, even held her once after handling ferrets and she didn't care!), a painful bite from my 2 year old royal python. It hurt quite a bit but only because where it was: inside arm, right bicep, where there isn't much flesh!

n/a Posted - 03/11/2009 : 10:16:37

Classic link, Kehhlyr, it played a part in our decision to expand the family in that direction.

n/a Posted - 03/11/2009 : 05:22:48
Doesn't everybody keep a camera next to their vivariums just in case they get bitten?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000