The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Relaxing...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 31/10/2009 : 15:48:41

I guess this happens to all new snake owners at some point: you learn enough by research and experience to become relaxed about the snakies. More confidence comes in. It feels good. Although Shen's (non)feeding saga is still ongoing, all in all things are good here, the snakes are easy to care for and I think the "my hair is going to fall out over this!" period is now over.

So now I'm going to get a couple of books to learn a bit more about corns and kings, and just enjoy myself looking forward to more snakes joining the household as time goes by.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
reptiledanny Posted - 01/11/2009 : 14:05:10
i remember that. the first week i got monty, i went through all that. checking every so often that he was fine adn still there and living. i used to even check if he was breathing. i also remember that wenever he berried himself i used to get really worried and move all the substrate to find him. they were the worry times. that went after a week or two. now im fine with it all. good to see that you got over it now.
Kellog Posted - 01/11/2009 : 04:31:02
I know what you mean Hawkeye. What with the 13 week fast and the mites and the hiding away....it has been a rough start with Kellog, but now I do feel more in control and that I can just relax and enjoy him...although there is that little voice in my mind saying 'is he warm enough, is he being fed enough, is he getting skinny, help he's got out - when I know he cant!'. But it is so good just to enjoy....

xxx
n/a Posted - 31/10/2009 : 17:36:29
To be honest i have always been that way, there was a time when i checked the snakes every so often to make sure they had not escaped but i have never been massively stressed over them.

I am glad you have got to a point where you are feeling comfortable, i know how much you worried about your little non-feeder.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000