The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Is it cold in here or is it just me?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LittleMick Posted - 30/10/2009 : 00:38:49
Well over the past couple of months of having my Elle and for when I get my Corn I've been observing enclosure temperatures, so I have all the stat sensors and the digi thermom sensors in place on teh substrates, and although they all read correct settings, it doesn't actually feel warm to teh touch (my hand) is this normal or what? Are animals more sensitive to the heat changes? I think this is the only thing that makes me paranoid about keeping herps.

I'm probably more worried about my Corn when I get it.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 31/10/2009 : 16:06:40
quote:
Originally posted by LittleMick

I get my Corn snake tomorrow morning, yayyyyyyyyyyyyy, finally.

Yay! Awesome
Kehhlyr Posted - 31/10/2009 : 01:00:14
quote:
Originally posted by LittleMick

Need to get it sorted quick though because guess what?

FINALLY
LittleMick Posted - 31/10/2009 : 00:41:41
To be honest I actually think both the Exo Terra Digi Thermoms are inaccurate by about 3-4c.

Ever since I started out with all my pets, fish and Gerbils I watch their behaviour for health and fascination, and even more so with my Leopard Gecko, then I watched this video on you tube about Corns nakes and their behaviour the chap said you can tell if it's too hot or too cold by which end the snakes stays in. Ever since then I have been paraoid about my Leopard Gecko as she ALWAYS stays in the warm side except when she goes to deficate at the other end. So I figured matbe it was too NOT warm enough for her, but the thermometer was saying it is ok. Anyway, during the Faun temp tests I didn't trust it. So I switched the 2 stats over. Did some more tests, again, both stats were shutting down at their respective temperature settings but the themometers were a few degrees higher, so I got one of my mercury themometers and put that in there. But this is weird, the Komodo Stat currently in the Leo viv has shut down, and I have that set at 35c, according to the digital thermometer it is 32c, but according to the mercury thermometer it is 29c.
Now on the faun, I have the stat at 28c, the digital thermometer says 33.2 and the mercury themometer says 28c. So the digi is out by approx 5c.

Need to get it sorted quick though because guess what?

Kehhlyr Posted - 30/10/2009 : 02:06:36
They wont always feel warm to the touch.
Normal human temp is about 37-38c. Snakie temp is 30c max.

So sometimes it might feel colder than it really is.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000