The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 keeping records

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 27/10/2009 : 16:20:18
dus anybody know of any good free pc software for keeping records of our snakeys im getting sick and tireed of pen and paper
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
a33272 Posted - 29/10/2009 : 18:47:37
i just printed 12 months worth or pages from windows calender or for each month
crazy JJ Posted - 29/10/2009 : 00:23:03
blimy so tec lol.....i just keep 2 ma book (4 each snake...xcept hatchlings that r gettin sold...they just have paper bless m) and a pen...at least that it wont get deleted at all....n it wud b just a pain 2 plug in ma laptop every tym i sort a snake out sooooo yer :)

xx
SexyBear77 Posted - 28/10/2009 : 10:35:34
Blimey, I just use a pen and a notebook...
n/a Posted - 28/10/2009 : 10:25:21
I use paper and pen ..each page for each snake then put into a binder .....i use to use herp software but it wiped all my info ...so will stick with pen and paper ty.
n/a Posted - 28/10/2009 : 09:59:40
i use a supermarket note book. just nomber the pages 1-4 ( 1 for each snake ) leave them a whole page back and front then start again 1-4 and so on.
i did start to use spred sheets on the pc but thb it took me longer that way and at least with a book it's a quick reference if the pc's not on ( which isn't very often, with two teenagers in the house there's always a laptop on somewhere !) but getting access to it is a different matter, my eldest thinks msn will cease to exist if is not constantly signed in.
Nuttyasha Posted - 28/10/2009 : 07:27:16
I have tables printed from word that i stick on the inside of my snakie cupboard that records their length, weight, feeding record, viv cleaning and shedding. they all have a sheet each and i have an empty version saved on my pc so that when one is flled up it gets put in a folder and i can print a fresh one.
Kellog Posted - 27/10/2009 : 22:56:34
I keep Kellog's info in his book, and will admit to even keeping a note of when he poos! Not sure what I will do when I run out of space.... xxx
eeji Posted - 27/10/2009 : 22:10:44
i've heard bad things about Herp Care Software that it has wiped out entire records for no apparent reason :S

i've given up keeping records now, all but 3 of mine feed every time so its easy to remember :)
gingerpony Posted - 27/10/2009 : 21:53:41
i put all mine on just a regular calendar...... but it's unusual for me to feed more than 5 or 6 in one go so there's plenty of room
HannahB Posted - 27/10/2009 : 21:42:32
quote:
Originally posted by gingerpony

wow! everyone's so technical............i just use a calendar and a biro.....

im doing that next year.. going to get one of those family calendars with 5 spaces and do it that way.. although mont will either get his own or just have to put up with his pen and paper for a bit longer lol
gingerpony Posted - 27/10/2009 : 21:30:21
wow! everyone's so technical............i just use a calendar and a biro.....
eeji Posted - 27/10/2009 : 18:08:28
metzcal is supposed to be very good, if a little overwhelming - i tried it once but it was way too much for my needs so i gave up.

its a freebie download from http://www.metzcal.com/
Kehhlyr Posted - 27/10/2009 : 18:05:30
I used to use 'Herp Care Software' from theGeckoCam.com

Click to download 6mb .exe setup

Link is directed at my skydrive, as site was unresponsive for me earlier
n/a Posted - 27/10/2009 : 17:13:11

I do mine on excel. Five sheets:

Food
Shed
Size
Husbandry
Health

Each page has a date column and any other necessary clumns, including one for comments such as "clean shed" or say in the food sheet, what size mouse. Can e-mail you a copy if you want.

HannahB Posted - 27/10/2009 : 16:49:46
i guess you could do one on excel (the spread sheet one i think) or just do a table in word and keep adding to it

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000