The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Babies accomadation.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Nuttyasha Posted - 26/10/2009 : 08:44:19
Salazar has been striking everytime I go into change his water, handle him or move him to his feeding tub. I am guessing this is because he is getting scared by me going in above him. Once out he is fine and seems to enjoy being handled, he is eating fine so I am sure there is nothing wrong with him at this moment in time.
Currently he is in an Exo Terra Faunarium as he is far too small to be in a big boys Viv yet. I want to move him to somewhere not too big but that doesn't open from the top as I don't want to keep scaring him. Surely this would have some sort of effect on his health?
So does anyone house their babies in the Exo Terra glass terrarium and if so are they happy in them?
All my other babies have been fine in their Fauns but Salazar just doesn't seem to like it and I don't want to keep scaring him
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Nuttyasha Posted - 27/10/2009 : 07:20:24
Thanks Kellog I will try that aswell to see if it helps xx
Kellog Posted - 27/10/2009 : 05:01:59
Have you tried putting something with your smell on it into his faun...so he has your smell around all the time? xxx
Nuttyasha Posted - 26/10/2009 : 09:04:33
The temps are between 27-29 in the warm end and 22-24 in the cooler end. I do wonder if he is too warm, but he seems to prefer in the warmer end as this is where he spends most of his time. Our current accomadation is very warm so i don't think that this helps with the temps. I'd prefer it to be a little cooler in the cold end.

There are a few things thinkng about it that could be annoying him as the space we live in is quite cramped, but we are moving house today so i think i will give him time to settle in and see if he is still reacting the same if so then i think it probably will be something to do with him not liking me coming in from above.

We do handle the babies every day as we don't want them to be shy (absolutely nothing to do with me being amazed by them), but never after they have eaten.

hillzi Posted - 26/10/2009 : 08:49:44
I'm not sure he doesnt like your faun.. what are the temps in there?
Is there anything around there that could be directly annoying him? It might be a case of slight viv defensive/thinking he can take you on??

I wouldn't worry. best to just get him out every day for 5-10 minutes (except after he's eaten of course!)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000