The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Hi folks! & viv info?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 25/10/2009 : 00:01:40
Hey guys & gals,

I'm Ben HELLOOOO...

I'm new to this forum but have been keeping my female anerythristic corn for approx 10-11 years. She is called Legless. I'm 23 so when I named her I was only 13! She is such a placid snake, never even tried to bite even as a yearling. She is quite long for a corn at 5 foot 10 or 180cms at her most recent shed!

She gets lots of attention & affection & I just put an online order in for updating her viv interior (hides, climbing medium etc). As soon as my wallet permits I will also get a new viv for her.

As I mentioned (& hence this thread) I am new to this site. I came across it through theroyalpython.co.uk as I just got a royal as my newest addition to my collection of two snakes. The royal, now named Chester, (male 80-90cms 1.1kg regular morph) was and still is a stressed out little fella who is calming down each day after he bit me when I moved him into his new home....

A QUICK REMINDER TO PEOPLE GETTING A NEW SNAKE TO LISTEN TO WHAT THESE GUYS' CARE SHEET SAYS & LEAVE YOUR SNAKE, REGARDLESS OF WHAT TYPE OF SNAKE, FOR A WEEK TO ADJUST & SETTLE IN! GOT A BRUISED BICEP WITH FANG MARKS BECAUSE I DIDN'T LISTEN!!!

Anyway I decided to join this site to in case I do get any issues with Legless, as the help I received from the guys at theroyalpython.co.uk was superb, particularly from Lee2308, who actually visited me twice to help with, amongst other things, heating issues with Chester. He is also a moderator on both sites and is a great bloke (Hi Lee if you see this). Also if I see anyone with similar issues that I have had with Legless over the years, I will try to help, but I will only answer with what I know, not a "sounds good answer".

Thanks for reading this and I look forward to getting to know a few of you over this site too.

Any ideas/ suppliers of WOODEN vivs suitable for a corn of 5 foot 10 @ a good price please reply to this thread.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 29/10/2009 : 13:41:29
Soz, fed legless yesterday so will do photos when she's digested the prey!
n/a Posted - 29/10/2009 : 13:40:25
Cool thanks Chimp 276 for the viv site. They're pretty good price. I measured her length with rope three times. She's 5 foot 7. Not quite the size I first thought but still quite impressive?!
hillzi Posted - 28/10/2009 : 00:11:18
Hey there!
n/a Posted - 27/10/2009 : 23:16:44
Exactly Hannah, I find the only stupid question is the one we don't ask!

As I said I'll try to get them up tomorrow so you & Kellog can have a look-see!

I love the name too! I named my brothers "NoFeet"! NoFeet & LegLess!
HannahB Posted - 27/10/2009 : 23:01:02
cant wait to see pictures of legless.. gotta say thats one of the best names iv come across for a while.. nearly beats david hisslehoff!!
cannot wait to see pics of her

no one can ever know every thing.. if we knew everything we wouldnt be here now
n/a Posted - 27/10/2009 : 23:00:51
I will say Kellog, apart from size (though you can't see in your photo) your Kellog looks EXACTLY the same in the head as mine! I'll try put some photos up tomorrow so you can see the similarities and also her size! She can't fit in the Large Exo Terra hides (it raises off the viv bottom!) but she won't give it up. She's attached to that thing!
n/a Posted - 27/10/2009 : 22:56:46
As for "knowledge" comments: While we all may know a lot, this site brings all our experiences together in one place and hopefully I think we may have an almost complete library of how to keep these amazing creatures in check!

I'm only a snake mite as I've only been a member for days, however I have been keeping snakes for over 10 years so although I know more than some, its impossible to know everything. I'm learning from this site all of the time from others' scenarios and issues!

Some things are black and white, right or wrong, however there are many grey areas too. This is where people's different opinions lie.
Kellog Posted - 27/10/2009 : 22:50:48
Very impressive! cant imagine Kellog that long...he seems so long already! xxx
n/a Posted - 27/10/2009 : 22:46:49
Cool thanks. I got some rope and followed the body exactly down from head to tip of tail. She is 5 foot 7! Measured it three times so she must be. Still quite impressive?
Sammysnake Posted - 27/10/2009 : 05:53:08
I was very excited to become a hatchling recently and have just sent a reply to someone which did indeed sound very knowledgable. However, it's all other people's knowledge and experience - I was just repeating stuff I'd heard from several much more experienced people. This forum is great because you get lots of different opinions. I always teach my daughter to check out anything she is told or reads to make sure lots of trusted sources say the same thing before you take it as fact. If someone says something not quite 'kosher' on this forum, it will soon get picked up on (can I say 'kosher' without offending anyone?) Not sure that's PC....
Kellog Posted - 27/10/2009 : 04:54:09
I am curious Josh....you say you are knowledgable...how long have you had your snake? How much experience do you have? Where have you got your knowledge from?
I just know I am a lot older, have been a corn snake owner for a while now and would never call myself knowledgable as I know I have a lot to learn still. I think everyone on this forum will agree that they all still have things to learn - even GP and Kehhlyr and Lewy!! xxx
n/a Posted - 26/10/2009 : 20:50:52
Oh yh about tanks I wanna get an exoterra glass tank are these safe?
n/a Posted - 26/10/2009 : 20:50:06
LOL about the "sound good comments". I bet loads of people say them. Actually i bet people think i say them cos im a SNAKE MITE [:@] haha and im only 14 but im knwledgable :L lol
Chimp276 Posted - 26/10/2009 : 20:19:43
You need to remove 10% from the shed length, this mean ur snake is about 5 foot 3
Chimp276 Posted - 26/10/2009 : 20:14:57
Swell reptiles do vivs at good prices!
Flatpack63 Posted - 26/10/2009 : 16:14:11
quote:
Originally posted by bengy_s

shed length from about 5 weeks ago!

I'm sure you'll find that the shed length isn't her actual length. The skin stretches when she sheds.
One of the better informed will tell you the ratio/percentage you need to subtract to get a more acccurate length.
n/a Posted - 26/10/2009 : 13:30:01
Cheers Matty if he sells them often I think i'll have enough in a couple weeks as been invoicing some my accounts Clients! Thanks for the link.

Hi BlueTongueDan. Thanks it is a cool name I think ;-> my Royal is called Chester after Man"Chester" Utd. Sorry if you not a red's fan! Yes i'm waiting for my 888reptile delivery (today or tomorrow) then will take some photos of her new interior (want new viv too)
BlueTongueDan Posted - 26/10/2009 : 11:47:04
Welcome to the site, Bengy!
Legless has got to be one the best snake names ive heard
Congrats on your new Python!
You'll have to get some photos up soon
matty18714 Posted - 26/10/2009 : 11:33:54
quote:
Originally posted by bengy_s

Any ideas/ suppliers of WOODEN vivs suitable for a corn of 5 foot 10 @ a good price please reply to this thread.

I bought a viv from this guy and would do again. http://www.trade-it.co.uk/category/pets-pet-accessories-pet-accessories-other/region/w-uk-bristol-south-west-avon-bristol/reptilesnakevivarium4ft-4067063.html?impression=normal_impression

Shouldnt be too far from you.
n/a Posted - 26/10/2009 : 11:26:24
shed length from about 5 weeks ago! She's not got the biggest of girths though. She's not underweight but cuz she so long she does look slender. But thats compared to my fat so-and-so royal python! How come? Am i supposed to measure her rather than shed? Obviously she outgrown old skin so too small for her so perhaps bit bigger now?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000