The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 building a new stack.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bilbo Posted - 24/10/2009 : 21:31:07
hi i am thinking about building a new viv stack for bilbo and lizzie and a spair one for snake number 3. it will have 2 draws 3 vivs and 2 or 3 shelfs. the vivs i am looking at 36" to 38" wide by 18" to 20" deep and 18" high each viv. is what i want to know is would this size viv be ok for a adult corn?? i dont want to buid it then its no good for them when they are bigger. what do you guys think would you keep a adult cord in a viv this size...

thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gingerpony Posted - 25/10/2009 : 20:25:33
vivs have the reps on display, racks are generally for tubs/RUBs which means you can keep a lot of reps in a relatively compact space but don't have the luxury of seeing them behaving naturally in their nicely decored viv
LittleMick Posted - 25/10/2009 : 13:55:08
Hi, sorry to jump in on this topic I have a question of my own. I have seen a few posts on various forums regarding rack systems, is not easier to just stack the ones you have?

Currently I have a Leopard Gecko and soon a Corn Snake, when the Corn snake is about 1' + I will be getting either a 36" or 48" viv and will be on either a cabinet or feet with my Leo viv just stacked on top.

So what's the advantages of a rack system?
Bilbo Posted - 24/10/2009 : 22:04:20
cool thanks i didnt want to just make it then have to make a bigger one in 2 or 3 years time..
gingerpony Posted - 24/10/2009 : 21:51:11
working on the theory of length + depth = length of snake

36" + 18" = 54" of snake......... IMO that's fine for an adult hun

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000