The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Bioshock, about the banner

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 05/10/2009 : 10:11:01
quote:
Originally posted by Bioshock

I am not really sure about all these sparkly sig pictures if i am honest, but hawkeye... yours would look kinda cool without the sparkly stuff and a photoshopped hawk pecking out an eyeball!

Can't answer this where posted, or I'd be accused of breaking the strict rules

Good advice, Bioshock. For now, I've taken the glitter out. Btw, that's not the Hawk in that picture, it's the Falcon. Explanation: Hawkeye really is one of his names. He has siblings. One of their names translates into English as Falcon, and that's the one photographed here.

The banner will probably change soon, once the Hawk can find the time to do something about it. Meanwhile I can play.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 06/10/2009 : 22:21:15
Thanks for explaination Hawkeye, nice to know how you came by your name. Wonder how others came by theres?? xxx
n/a Posted - 06/10/2009 : 11:38:34
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

I might be totally wrong about this but are you saying that your kids names translate into Hawkeye and Falcon? That is why I was asking about where the names came from. xxx

Ah, now I understand. Ok, here goes:

The Hawk's middle name really is Hawkeye. It says "Hawkeye" on his birth certificate.

The Falcon's first name is a word in a Native American language, and that word translates into English as "falcon."

n/a Posted - 05/10/2009 : 23:33:28
Surely playing with sigs is half the fun isn't it?

I do admit though, when i normally get around to making one i do tend to stick with it... and seeing as this site does not have avatars it kinda makes the posts instantly recognisable.

As for my sig, i haven't had the time to make one properly... only manage to find a few minutes to play about and i generally end up thinking the progress is terrible!
Kellog Posted - 05/10/2009 : 22:44:23
I might be totally wrong about this but are you saying that your kids names translate into Hawkeye and Falcon? That is why I was asking about where the names came from. xxx
n/a Posted - 05/10/2009 : 12:53:29
quote:

Showing my ignorance again - Hawkeye, Falcon....where do the names come from??? New sigs for everyone again *big sigh*. xxx

Sorry, I'm not quite getting the question..

Re banner, I went to a website that was recommended here on the forums a day or so ago:

http://mybannermaker.com/

Then it was really easy, all I did was upload a photo and get rid of some text that was automatically added by the website, and that was it. I didn't bother adding any text of my own, may do that at some point if the Hawk doesn't veto the whole thing and puts in something else entirely.

Give it a go, it's really easy!

lucifer Posted - 05/10/2009 : 11:45:53
quote:

Showing my ignorance again - Hawkeye, Falcon....where do the names come from??? New sigs for everyone again *big sigh*. xxx

Don't worry kellog I'm sure someone will make you one if you hint enough
I quite like yours already though, what do you want changing?
Kellog Posted - 05/10/2009 : 10:14:41

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000